Sandgate / Pine - Sat 15th Oct

Dubbzy

Headed out to Sandgate to fish in incoming tide on Saturday morning. Had a poke around on the sand banks for a 4 tings all keepers, a sandy and 1000 small bream, then got a call to help a mate with a stuffed outboard in the pine. Pulled out and headed over to the pine. Got to him around 1030 and discovered the problem pretty quick......fuel hose was crimped and fuel wasn't getting through.

After a laugh at his expense, and with high tide now on us, i headed to the mouth and right up under the highway bridges to see what i could find. From about 11 - 1140 i caught 5 tings, all keepers, 5 undersized bream and an average sized ray.

With the wind now up, I headed back to the ramp at deep water bend. While waiting for the jetski kids to get out of the way i stopped and started to scale the fish in the boat. Threw out a line and bang it went off. After a short fight on really light gear i hauled in a small squire.....yes a squire in the pine!

It was a funny day, got wet in the morning, got sunburn at lunch and had a hail storm that afternoon while cleaning the boat!

post-2093-144598696714_thumb.jpg

post-2093-144598696724_thumb.jpg

post-2093-144598696733_thumb.jpg

Archived