Austackle Long Cast Pelagic Spin Stik Specs?

waldo

http://www.austackle.com.au/wp/?page_id=25

That link might help I hope.

If not shoot Orca (mike) a PM.

Also from the AFO shop spiel

"Austackle Rhino-Stik HD 6-10KG

These rods were specifically designed for casting metal slugs and other lures at fish feeding on or near the surface. Tough enough to handle anything that comes along! Features include an extra large Pacific Bay Channel Lock aluminium and Fuji guides."

Cheers :)

Mate, I've got one of these long cast pelegic rhinos and i love it. I took it up to the territory and used it for everything and caught some BIG fish on it.

It has a super sensitive tip so you can feel the fish bite, but also lets you cast slugs a fair way. I had fun playing with blue salmon up there taking my slug cast after cast. And it was great for the barra....i'd put my livies out there and you could feel the barra suck the livey in and play with it, so you could feel when you had to strike. And even though the tip is sensitive, its very strong in the middle so it handles the big fish. I even hooked up to a big GT. It is perfect. Can't rate it high enough and its my favourite rod. Put some pics of its success up for ya :-)

Cheers

Nat

post-5119-144598698516_thumb.jpg

post-5119-144598698525_thumb.jpg

post-5119-144598698531_thumb.jpg

Elicat I saw that but wasnt sure that it applied to these or not as it refered to "related products" and other rods in the range. Learned long ago never to assume things carry through in even the same product. :whistle: Emailing Orca to get it from the horses mouth is great idea. ;)

Some very nice captures there Yoodles the rod certainly has seems like it has the low down power Im looking for just wondering whether 10gm metals might be too light. Got a feeling it will be better suited at 20gm plus but will find out for sure.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Elicat I saw that but wasnt sure that it applied to these or not as it refered to "related products" and other rods in the range. Learned long ago never to assume things carry through in even the same product. :whistle: Emailing Orca to get it from the horses mouth is great idea. ;)

Some very nice captures there Yoodles the rod certainly has seems like it has the low down power Im looking for just wondering whether 10gm metals might be too light. Got a feeling it will be better suited at 20gm plus but will find out for sure.

Thanks for the help guys :)

we throw 14g metal slugs all the time with the 6-10kg model. You dont have to worry about it not being sensitive enough.

we throw 14g metal slugs all the time with the 6-10kg model. You dont have to worry about it not being sensitive enough.

Well that was the last tick I needed, have ordered one from the AFO shop and will give it a test drive on some bay speedsters. Now if I can just work out how to make the payment for it. :unsure:

Well that was the last tick I needed, have ordered one from the AFO shop and will give it a test drive on some bay speedsters. Now if I can just work out how to make the payment for it. :unsure:

Hope you havent broken the shop too badly! lol

Archived