funny catch!

Enormoss

my brother and i went and hit up the pine early on sat mornin, before the maddness on the water kicked in for two funny catches, flickin plastics on my favourite bank and all i come up with was this.

post-5697-144598708662_thumb.jpg

think its a tarpon but not to sure? what ever it is it a first for me.

and my brother got this

post-5697-144598708674_thumb.jpg

post-5697-144598708683_thumb.jpg

lol it was a first for him, it a shimano reel that still spins and a half decent silstar rod under all the mud and barnacles. any way not a reall fruitfull mornin but good fun as always

cheers :)

dude that is insaneeee i would nevver ever ever have thought that a giant herring would get caught in the pine props to you. Once they get bigger they are easily hands down the hardest fighting fish available in the estuary. They are like estuary tunaaa.

• 2 weeks later...

a giant herring hey? that suprises me big time lol! it a first and on soft plackos too. it hit real hard and i thought it was a talior at first, had a few jumps too. i rekon a big one would be awsome, anyway cheers for the heads up on species, i am stoked, just never know wat the piney is gunna throw up. just for the record i got it on a 3 inch z-man curly tail grub in the pink colour, very early in the morning on the top of the tide. cheers all B)

There are definitely GH's around the Pine. But for all the casts i have thrown i have only seen two hooked and landed, so on probabilities alone it's would seem to be a low population.

If it is the area i think your talking about Jords i had a friend land one many years ago that went about 50cm or so, to my recollection anyway. But factor in the years since then and how fish seem to grow larger the older the story, he may have only been 3 or 4 cm at the time.

Great capture nonetheless. Congrats mate.

Archived