At last - a fish for dinner!!

RobVee

I bought myself a Brooker Seaman 2 months ago, so that has been my focus for the past 10 fishing sessions or so. Have hit Palm Beach, Fido's, Mudhole, 9 mile, Point Reef, Kirra Reef, Seaway, Peel Island & plenty else inbetween ,,,, and NOTHING worth reporting about in the fish dept. Plenty to report on about the joys of boating though & good times with family / mates :woohoo:

Anyway, been so sick of donutting on the boat, that I hit the Tweed beaches tonighgt for some landbased action with high @ 7:30pm and full moon (getting back to my roots)

15knots of Northerlies :( greeted us & we tried for 1hr to battle ugly conditions for NOT A SINGLE bait touched !! (not much around in the way of gutters anyhow)

Moved across to the Tweed River to spin slugs for trevally and was rewarded after 10 minutes with this nice 62cm GT.

Lost another one 5 minutes later when the braid parted on a sharp rock at my feet

Happy as 100 Larry's to finally bring home a fish for dinner :woohoo:

My Wife says, "What did we need that boat for? You catch more fish from the shore anyway" :blush:

post-9483-144598710734_thumb.jpg

Awesome fish, would have gone hard mate! What are they like on the chew, I catch a fair few but am always too lazy to keep them and I thought they were no good to eat.

Its a bugger about your boats mojo mate, I refuse to pull mine out of the water unless we have boated a fish, can make for a rough day sometimes but it seems to keep the fishing gods happy!

Yes, A lot of blokes don't fancy a chew on a GT. Dunno why??

I love any trevally fried in butter/garlic.

Have never caught a monster GT before, and hear that they are not good on the chew ... If I caught one of those 1okg+ models I'd most likely be releasing it anyways.

Yes, A lot of blokes don't fancy a chew on a GT. Dunno why??

I love any trevally fried in butter/garlic.

Have never caught a monster GT before, and hear that they are not good on the chew ... If I caught one of those 1okg+ models I'd most likely be releasing it anyways.

Last trip over at Straddie, we had a mixed bag of goldens, big eyes & GT's we cooked up a feed and tasted fine, nothing like eating them fresh the same day

Archived