a few bremer bass from sat Morn

T Fisher

Found thede few bass yesterday morning in my new spot. Had to work hard for them changing lures regularly to try to entice them. After 3 Hours of walking the banks this was the results.

post-7578-144598715562_thumb.jpg

a little one to start with

post-7578-144598715516_thumb.jpg

biggest of the day

post-7578-144598715526_thumb.jpg

this poor bass engulfed the lure had a tricky time getting the lure out he was bleeding from the gills a bit but he swam off quite well when released hope he survives.

post-7578-144598715541_thumb.jpg

first fish on the new predateck lure

post-7578-144598715549_thumb.jpg

thelast fish of the day kept following the superbass back to the bank and turning away Iput my old predateck mini minn and paused it 3 ft from the bank and he finally hooked up.

I saw a heap of eggs hatched out on the track this morning i recon they were snake eggs they were about the same size as cockatiel eggs but were rubbery.I counted 9 eggs I am starting to worry a bit more about the snakes in this area as it heats up quite early down there and a couple of spots on my track are like goat ledges no wher to go if I come across one. Long pants and boots from now on for sure.

... Great bass, have you had any luck with a 'crazy crawler'? ...

No I haven't got any on topwater lures yet all I have is a clear poper with red underneath and rubber cicarda jittabug style and also a couple of floating frogs .I sometimes try these up first but after about 10 mins I go straight to the little hardbodies which usually do the trick.

Archived