Donut avoided

Shane69

After finally having a day off i decided to spend it on fishing.

Even with the rain in the morning i decided to go up the the four beacons and fish a few artificals around the area.

It was flat going there so we got the pretty quick. Only a few boats out so it was good. Jigged for some livies and got pike and herring. Floated a few out with no luck as the current was ripping through like no tomorrow. I jigged knife gigs and 35gram slugs around beacons with not much luck. As the tide changed 1 of the live bait rod went off. The minute we tried to stop it it had cut us off. I hooked on twice while jigging but got cut off. I put wire trace on and nothing even touched it.

As the tide changed so did the weather so we decided to head up to mud and try our luck on plastic. It was a long trip to mud as it was pretty choppy and we got drenched (only bad thing about having center console).

When we arrived at mud we realised that the water was really dirty and the wind had picked up alot so we decided to call it a day around 10.30. It was a long and wet trip home through the river mouth.

So it was a dissapointing day out in the bay. I decided to give 1 one my other spots in the river a go later on at night.

Headed out to the spot around 9.30 by myself. Again i left the net at home as i was too lazy to grab it out of the boat.

It was pretty slow again and than it all started, I landed 9 school jewies, dropped 2 next to my leg, lost 3 lures due to not being able to stop the fish on 8lb gear, i reckon the 3 were legal as they ran for ages. They smashed the lure as soon as it touched the water. Saddly i lost the slim gim. (Does anyone know where i can more of them in Brisbane).

Few of the fish were caught on gulp banana prawn. Rest were caught on thready buster. I had to put 20lb leader because i didnt want to lose anymore gear. I left the fish biting as i have work tomorrow.

Photos attached. I didnt get photos of all the fish. Biggest i landed went to 70cm, All fish went back to fight another day.

Shane

post-9281-144598718861_thumb.jpg

post-9281-14459871887_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598718877_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598718883_thumb.jpg

Shane

post-9281-14459871889_thumb.jpg

Hi Shane

nice to meet you today. ended up getting a couple sieble swimmers and just tried them out in pool -very active lure. hopefully will give a chance on the river soon

Michael

It was nice meeting you too mate. I went to stock up on more tackle so i can go out tomorrow hopefully.

Yeah mate give those sieble swimmers a try. I have got some good fish on them and have seen meter plus jewies caught on them. They work for basically anything. Change the trebbles on them though.

Goodluck chasing jacks mate. Im sure the lures i showed you will work i have caught most mine this year on them

Archived