Tinging With King Tingaling

hokianga

Where to start....

Feeling a little "Tingled" out at the moment...

Firstly thank you sooooo  much Wayne, I've been wanting to meet, greet and fish with you for a long time and now I have the pleasure of saying, I had the pleasure of fishing, with a pleasurable man....(And that's not in a gay way either)

Yesterday when I got to work, first thing in my head was.... (Please, please, please...don't have a PM from Youngy, saying..."Sorry Vic too wet, maybe next year")...

YES.... No PM received, great start to the day... 1/2 hour later the man himself is on the blower...

"Hi Vic Wayne Young here...Youngy"..... as if I didn't know that already....

"You still interested in going for a whiting fish tonight???"

I was thinking to myself....'Does a bear poodle in the woods'....

"Yes thanks Wayne that sounds good"

Wayne: "I'll meet you at Isle of Capri Boat Ramp at 4.45pm, do you know where that is?"

Me: "Yep I'll see you there"

Got to Isle of Capri and stood waiting at the jetty for about 10-15 mins... Realized, hey this isn't a boat ramp, oh Vic you idiot  you're in the wrong place!!!

Grabbed my stuff and started doing a 'Carl Lewis', down to the ramp..Any residents who saw me would have been thinking....

That colored man is running from the seen of a crime...call the cops!!!

Got to within view of the ramp, and only saw a guy on a jetski coming back in....

Slowed to a trot then walk, then stopped.... At that moment something flew in my eye, because I could feel a pool of liquid build up forming, I must have been coming down with something too because more fluid started coming out my nose, and my mouth started trembling...

Head went down in desperation..... I'd lost all sense of inspiration..... and then..... yay..... jubilation....

Wayne's head pops up from below the bank, friendly wave.....(Oh god thank you so much!!! hallelujah!!!), I had a sudden miracle recovery from my sickness, so I resumed my 'Carl Lewis" down to the ramp..

As I got to the boat, my first impression of Youngy.... Wow he's not 8ft tall, and hey I thought lightening bolts fly from his rectum....( A little William Wallace...Brave Heart quote.. )...

With the meeting and greeting stage of the safari over, it was time to board the 'Titanic'

So in we get, and off we go, looking around his little tinny, she's fully set up, everything you need, nothing missed, all in its own little section of the boat, right down to a  weee.....peeepeee bucket...

Waynes explanation..."I'm too old to go dangling over the side of the boat"

Saw a couple of other dingy bangers on the water that Wayne knew, and ended up talking to I think Cy1301, at the first stop. A little friendly banter, and then the young lady started to head off...With one of Wayne's lines tangled up in her motor.... She had finally got it off after drifting off 100 meters or so....with a distant....sssssoooooorrrrrryyyyyy....Cy1301, headed off on her merry way into the evening....('Lone Ranger Styles')

"Blood Worms".......

post-9426-144598720046_thumb.jpg

One of the "Chompers"

Something that I believe and hold true to....is....('Everything in Australia either bites or stings')....These little suckers fall right into that category perfectly, first one I picked up within a millionth of a second...chomp...gave me a heck of a fright, not too sure but I think that one accidentally got flicked out into the water....second one I picked up, chomp.... Man if this carries on all night, we're either going to loose all of the bait or, I'm never going to get a rod in the water....He made my confidence really saw, when the next few words out of his mouth were....."Their bite isn't that bad,.....but.....why does there always have to be a but..... I have seen one eat through a plank of wood"....(Wow!!!)....Make me wanna go home why don't you :unsure::unsure::unsure:

After Wayne had gotten over his initial attack of the giggles, at my 'MANLYNESS"....

I was told to pull its head off so that it couldn't bite,  ....Okay I'll try , grabbed it snapped it off, attempted to thread it onto the hook and chomp,  I'd actually ripped its bum, and it wasn't happy...

Finally got my first worm on after say 10 mins... shocking effort it was too, bits in pieces hanging out all over the place, every time I tried to fix it  yep, chomp...

We fished in this area for about 2 hrs maybe... only got the three of average size..And dropped a few as well...

Youngy called for a shift...We scooted off....  5 mins later he pulled up to SPOT B... The water by this time had glassed out, and it was an absolutely beautiful evening to be on the Canals...

Lines went in, not long and Waynes tip starts to nod, load, strike, he's on, it's in, it's over...(STONKER!!!,ELBOW SLAPPER!!!,WHATEVER, ITS A BEAUTY!!!)....

post-9426-144598719991_thumb.jpg

post-9426-144598720003_thumb.jpg

post-9426-144598720009_thumb.jpg

post-9426-144598720016_thumb.jpg

Apart from the fishing, the conversation, the setting, and a million other....YYYEEEEHHHHAAAA'SSSS.... Wayne is undoubtedly one of the most civilized and welcoming people I have the pleasure of now knowing

Mate you are the personification of "LEGEND"

If there is anyone out there that thinks otherwise...Obviously they have either not met him, or are narrow minded, and need a reality slap...

And if or when any of the brethren, get the opportunity or invite from "The Man".... Don't even think....ddddoooooo!!!

Bagged out: 1 x 40cm, 1 x 39cm, 4 x 38cm, the rest between legal and 36cm, sorry if your counting in the photo's the numbers.... minus 1 x 40 in my mouth

Apart from having two left feet and all thumbs, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and would not hesitate a second if the opportunity ever came up again.... Youngy would not in anyway take money for anything like this so, guys don't even bring it up, just quietly, he's a "Pepsi Maxx, and Chocoholic Addict".....HARD ...

You certainly do deserve the Title of "KING TINGALING"... Oh and thanks Wayne for letting me post the events of the evening ........and just for the record.....YYYYYYYEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!

Yours faithfully  ;D

Happy Chappy

LOL really funny read.

Yes, Wayne is a great gentleman that is very willing to teach and I am one of those that benefited from the generosity. It sure brightens up one's day :) Mine sure did anyway. Keep up the great work Wayne, although you are grumpy at times, but you do make people smile too. :P

Coen

Thanks Vic for an entertaining night and i can assure everybody that read Vic's post it was even better than he made it sound.

Fishing wasn't to bad either, the rain the night before had flushed some good fish out and Vic caught some good fish once he put his welding gloves on so he could put the worms on the hook without getting bitten.

He is not the first person to find out the hard way that "yes" they do bite, i look forward to my next adventure with a AFO member.

A couple of the guy will be hearing from me in the next couple of weeks, cheers wayne.

Thanks Vic for an entertaining night and i can assure everybody that read Vic's post it was even better than he made it sound.

Fishing wasn't to bad either, the rain the night before had flushed some good fish out and Vic caught some good fish once he put his welding gloves on so he could put the worms on the hook without getting bitten.

He is not the first person to find out the hard way that "yes" they do bite, i look forward to my next adventure with a AFO member. :dry:

A couple of the guy will be hearing from me in the next couple of weeks, cheers wayne.

Dude, you rock.... And thats all I have to say..... do I get another????

Have to agree that Youngy is a true gentleman of the old school. He is happy to share everything ( Well almost his worming spot is a state secret)

Vic if you are worried about worm bites how do you get on with yabbies now they do have nasty big nippers?

Cheers

Ray

Hi Ray,

You had to say that didn't you....ok yep I've done live yabbies... And yep "pussy" does come into the equation.... Is that what you wanted to hear???

LOL really funny read.

Yes, Wayne is a great gentleman that is very willing to teach and I am one of those that benefited from the generosity. It sure brightens up one's day :) Mine sure did anyway. Keep up the great work Wayne, although you are grumpy at times, but you do make people smile too. :P

Coen

Ok Coen, now that we've got Youngy out of the way.... When are you and I going out next.....???? :whistle:

Great report and looking forward to the pictures! Whenever a member has an issue please report it to webmaster directly. There is no gauruntee that every thread will Will be read by the webmasters as there are so many these days so comments in threads can easily be missed.

Cheers

Angus

Great report and looking forward to the pictures! Whenever a member has an issue please report it to webmaster directly. There is no gauruntee that every thread will Will be read by the webmasters as there are so many these days so comments in threads can easily be missed.

Cheers

Angus

Thanks Angus,

Brian, "Ellicat",

Sorted it out, thankyou though, I thought I wasn't worthy for a mo....tho??? :(

Vic, You're a very funny man, next time your up the sunny coast send me a message and I'll take you for a fish.

Hi Carter,

Thank you, very much for the offer, very much appreciated...I will definitely give you a PM if I am ever lucky enough to head in your direction...What I lack in experience, more than make up for in enthusiasm.... You could say I'm a little over "Enthusiasmic"....(Yeah find that one in the dictionary???)

nice work there vic! keep the heated action up!

Hey Buddy....

Thanks for that... You've also, been having a good time of it I see with your frequent flyer, Jewy posts well done....The tailor are still out there mate, haven't been down for a long time though as I have been trying to imitate an Estuary Fisherman... :S :S :S Have heard that they are mainly surface feeding at this time of the year, so surface lures are the go for the show...

Keep in touch for a surf cast...

Cheers

Vic

Great read mate, enjoyed it. Good work guys on the great size whiting too. :woohoo:

Hi Dan25,

I'd never seen a whiting over 35cm, until that night, I just about gave birth when he pulled the first one in...They give a good account of themselves when they get pulled from the bottom and get closer to the boat as well, you just don't know how big they are until... They decide they like it better on the bottom..

Archived