davo's day one of the BRC

Davo_Dinkum

well its 930 pm and i have given up ,tomorrow is a new day .

so watching the weather all week and having a day work canned cause of rain ,was going to risk friday being canned cause of rain .but after working in the rain on thursday and the sun coming out in the afternoon ,i took that as a sign and took friday off .figured friday is going to be a beautiful day weather wise.

i ignore the 5 and 6 am alarms and sleep in to 8 am ,that's ok wake up to a lovely day .so figure i spend a few hrs finding gear ,checking boat etc be on the water after lunch .no no no .most the gear that i have not used for months was seized ,rust ,broken etc .so spent the day sorting that out ,by the afternoon i felt like crap (i missed my medication for a few days and think i ate a few wrong thing that sent my sugars high ),but that's ok have a few hrs nap .wake up and refreshed and ready to go .

now to the boat .

it had a flat tyre but i sorted that earlier ,rip it off brake the bead ,etc and back on all good .

so load the gear up ,hook up and think will test the nav lights and start the motors before dark .

nav lights no work ,ok easy fix them up .

go to start the auxiliary motor won't start ,have a fiddle its stuck in gear .ok bugger it i'll leave it at home ,the main motor should be ok .

no no no .it won't start either ,so after 20 mins of pulling starting it i get the shits and give up .

so park the boat back up unhook etc and will try again in the morning ,it can only get better .:)

the annoying thing about the boat is i only used it at wavebrake island social a few weeks ago and it all worked a charm .

i think the main motor just need the fuel lines etc clean and bled,so quickly do that in the morning when there is light and i should be off .

its always a adventure .

day 2 well i turned the 6 am alarm off as i could hear rain and sleep .

got up late had a fiddle with the motor is running like a dream now .

so going to head down to the social at colmslie for a few hrs, then off to the work party .will leave that early tonight as i can not get into it as i have to drive ,then off fishing for the night and morning.

yeah guys its all part of the fun of having a 36 year old motor ,u can keep the going for ever but they seam to need constant attention .if i start it every week or 2 it all good ,but leave it for a month or so and it's a billy goat .

will the little motor its only a few years old but the gear selector has been sticky since i changed the water impeller ,so guess i will have to pull it apart clean and re lube.

well i had fun at the social at colmslie and up leaving it late and getting to the work party late .

it was raining there all night so going fishing after was a no go ,so i had more fun at the work party left there about midnight . end up going to bed just after 1 am.

Archived