Suggestions and 2007 BRC

ellicat

The 2007 BRC was my first and very memorable. The forum was considerably smaller in members then but there was a big turn-out for the event. Apart from Andrew and Kev everybody got on really well and the great community feeling was well and truly alive at the presentation. A really positive experience that is no doubt one of the factors that has kept me at AFO for so long and for so many hours.

The day after the event the forum carried over that buzz. Until one member that was dissatisfied with some things decided to do a long post bagging every little thing he didn't like about the BRC. He didn't like the way Johnny spoke to him. He didn't like the cost of petrol to come to Colmslie. He didn't like this and that and the next thing.

Some of his points were valid, but the post cut the positive BRC buzz like a chainsaw. All the happy story telling stopped and a fairly extensive "discussion" replaced it. It took a long time for the members to re-warm to him.

There were a few mistakes he made -

1. He put a big negative post into a hot positive thread;

2. He did it the very next day after the event when people were wanting to re-live some good times; and

3. He should have made some polite suggestions in the BRC Event Suggestions forum category instead.

......just saying ;)

1 Attach a copy of the rules to the registration post.

2. Have a box to tick in the registration procedure for entrants to tick that they have read the rules and registration unable to proceed until this box ticked.

Dont know how hard this would be to implement but it would certainly stop any bickering and if people dont like the rules they do not have to enter.

Cheers

Ray

I've had a quiet little whinge at home with tBox and all is good now (bottom lip has stopped quivering and the waterworks have dried up). tBox has even said that I am a good chance to join her on her Lucky Door Prize (2 entrys to the WInter Camp).

On another note - I posted some less than flattering shots of various AFO members on the original thread that got lost in the tech glitch so here they are again.

Has anyone noticed how Angus is such an easy mark after he visits Raymonds of Jindalee and get a new haircut and roots dyed? He has a distinct Hillbilly look about him if you catch just the right angle:

post-2889-144598727651_thumb.jpg

I arrived back at Colmslie just in time to see 2 AFO members (names omitted to save the embarrassment of Ellicat and Crazywalrus) discuss who's fault it was to park the boat on the high tide and retrieve it on the outgoing. Here they are trying to jump-start the boat:

post-2889-144598727658_thumb.jpg

1. Attach a copy of the rules to the registration post.

2. Have a box to tick in the registration procedure for entrants to tick that they have read the rules and registration unable to proceed until this box ticked.

Dont know how hard this would be to implement but it would certainly stop any bickering and if people dont like the rules they do not have to enter.

Hi Ray,

Not sure if you are aware, but both of these items are already implemented, don't know how much more obvious we can make it.

1. Not attached, but link to rules in competitor email.

post-65-144598727748_thumb.jpg

2. Can't proceed without agreeing to rules.

post-65-144598727753_thumb.jpg

Archived