Extra Prizes Being Awarded for the Austackle BRC

Orca

After discussions with Angus, we have have agreed to award prizes to those anglers who missed out incorrectly and we will NOT take back prizes that were wrongly awarded. I hope this will put an end to all the bickering once and for all.

Angus and Johnny did a fantastic job under extremely difficult circumstances. The problem is that they are only human and humans sometimes make mistakes.

Regards

Mike Cole

As mentioned it was easily our shabbiest and most rushed performance I feel. But it really did feel like we might have a serious storm crack over our heads at any moment! The call was made to improv and quickly eye scan through the entries (this is usually all entered into an Excel spreadsheet to avoid any possible error) and a few small errors were made.

Anyway all's well that ends well.

News to be announced very very soon RE an Austackle night next week with some big discounts to make up for the weather postponed afternoon on the Saturday of the competition.

Angus

As afore mentioned it was easily our shabbiest and rished performance I feel. But it really did feel like we might have a serious storm crack over our heads at any moment! The call was made to improv and eye scan only through the entries (this is usually all entered into an Excel spreadsheet to avoid any possible error) and a few small errors were made.

Anyway alls well ends well.

News to be announced very very soon RE an Austackle night next week with some big discounts to make up for the weather postponed afternoon on the Saturday of the competition.

Angus

Mate I can understand how it might have been rushed. I was on the motorbike heading back from the coast and I got smashed by the weather!!!!

I would like to congratulate Angus, Mike (austackle) and the other moderators on how they have handled this matter. This is a very good gesture by a sponsor that has gone over and above their commitments to keep everyone happy. This reaction to a error would give sponsors reason to pull out or not renew muchly needed sponsorship.

Guys this is the very reason I don't post very often on web pages. I have seen so many locally based forums start off well but fall to pieces due to bickering. At the end of the day guys, it's not sheep stations, it's not life or death or huge prizes, these just add to the fun of the day and should be taken as this way.

Angus and the guys have admitted fault, under the circumstances, if it took any longer to judge the winners people would have all complained how long it took or about waiting in the rain. As a event supervisor it would be in due care to end the event as quickly as they could to avoid possible injury due to the approaching storms. I think it is much better reading about someone getting judged wrong then someone possibly getting injured or worse due to being out in the storm.

This is BRISBANE FISHING ONLINE not a professional tournament arrangement, people get on here to learn more about the sport we all love and if you are lucky enough to actually have time to go to these events meet other people that have the same interest. It would be very disappointing that an event like this would make Angus want to pull out of AFO, hopefully this is not the case.

Just remember every day you wake up is one more day than some one else, every meal you eat is one more than some one else, and the fact we live in a country like this we live every day much better that a lot of other people.

Andrew

PS. This site is a escape for some people from their very hectic life, don't let little things destroy it.

Big cheers to Mike and Austackle for stepping up to the plate with this.

In running events we have all made errors at some time. You should try timing 70 sailboats over a finish line within a 1 hour window with several having the same sail number but different classes of boat. MIstakes happen, but its how they are dealt with that has a lasting affect. In this instance I think all concerned have excelled.

So I urge you to keep you eyes out for the Austackle night and support the guys that support us

Thanks Mike for the offer, however there are only 2 additional prizes to be awarded and we have those covered (as there were no Junior entries submitted and hence no Junior prizes awarded AFO will use these unawarded prizes to cover these 2 prizes).

Archived