gc plastic session

Plastic Man

Stu and myself headed down the coast this morning after some of those winter bream got to the ramp at about 6 am and off we went.

Frist stop was sovrign inland using light jig heads and little plastic we picked up a few bream and one 45 cm flathead then the action went dead.

So with the fish going off the plastics we thought that we would give some live bait a go so off we went to pump yabbies.

We got about 80 or so of them and then into about 10 more bream,countless undersize squire once we got sick of that we tried some of the channel marks deep with plastics again ended up with some more bream and one little trev i dont know what kind?anyway a good morning fishing

Post edited by: Plastic Man, at: 2007/07/07 14:52

Post edited by: Plastic Man, at: 2007/07/07 15:01

Plastic Man wrote:

Turned out to be a good shot took it off someones pontoon:whistle: to get afo sticker in the shot plus that flathead we gave to one of the concreters working on a house right were we caught it he was cheering:woohoo:

Post edited by: STU, at: 2007/07/07 15:12

adventure_angler wrote:

Great session there guys, sounds like it was a good day on the water. Good fish, good view, does it get any better?

I cant wait to get out and catch some big bream on plastics, might have to give it a crack soon.

-nelson-

yeah mate bream on plastics is awesome i have done a lot of different fishing and bream on plastics is right up there

Oceandonkey wrote:

STU wrote:
yeh that was awesome party boat went past us with a topless chick on board who mooned us as she went past sorry no photos to busy drooling<br><br>Post edited by: STU, at: 2007/07/07 14:48

Pics or it never happened ;)

oh it happend and it was great:P

Hi Plastic man.

man you have to give me some tips, I haven't had any luck on plastics yet, i have tried all around the mouth of the bris river, pilons, rock walls, drop offs.I mustn't be working the plastics right, i have tried differant combinationds of plastics to jig heads, differant tides etc.

myself62 wrote:

Hi Plastic man.

man you have to give me some tips, I haven't had any luck on plastics yet, i have tried all around the mouth of the bris river, pilons, rock walls, drop offs.I mustn't be working the plastics right, i have tried differant combinationds of plastics to jig heads, differant tides etc.

mate if your fishing the mouth of the river this is what i use 1/16 jighead or 1/12 6lb main line and 6 to 10lb leader and mostly berkly powerbait there are lots of little squire around and heaps of bream and when working the plastic back use lots of stop starts and i think too slow is not slow enough good luck mate once you get some it will all come together

Post edited by: Plastic Man, at: 2007/07/09 19:09

myself62 wrote:

thanks mate.

around the channel markers do you let it hit bottom then work it back or do you work it at differant depths?

We were casting heavier jig heads 1/4ounce and 1/6 and see which way the current was going cast into it and let the plastic come past giving it a few twitches but before it would get near the bottom the fish were having a go

myself62 wrote:

thanks mate.

around the channel markers do you let it hit bottom then work it back or do you work it at differant depths?

mate around those channel marks i was letting in hit the bottom but around them the water is pretty deep so try a bigger jighead i was using a 1/4 and thats was doing the job

Archived