Daiwa Fuego vs Heartland XA

Chafule

Hey guys,

Im after a new jack/jew/thready reel and have decided a size 3000 daiwa will do. Chose this size as I could also use this for occasional bay trip, and being a poor student cant afford more reels :( .

With a few sales going on I can get these two reels at the same price and pretty set on them, so from you experiences which one would be the better of the two.

Was thinking either the fuego for its weight, or the heartland for its sturdy construction and line capacity.

Thanks

ever thought of a shimano Rarenium CI4? its light and a solid reel as long as you're not going for a 4000size. daiwa tend to be made in vietnam or thailand when you're going cheap... which in my experience its not 100% perfect. when you go to the +500 you get japan made and they feel beautiful. shimano cheaper models are made in malaysia but they are solid reels. owning 6 shimano reels i can promise you they are worth it. if your heart is set on those 2 daiwas... if it was me i say the heartland.

dkw83 had a 3000 fuego die on him after he caught his tuna in Hervey Bay.

The spool now doesn't go up and down with the turn of the handle. Mind you this was after a 40min battle.

Can't comment on the heartland though..

Hey Henry

After close inspection the reel didn't break, there was a brass nut that came loose which held the entire spool housing together.

Once i had tightened it back on the reel was working fine again

Personally though, I wouldn't get a 3000 as it performed poorly and did fail on him after nearly a 2 hour battle, however the 1500 & 2000 are a lot better in that range

Go the Fuego mate. They are a better reel. Basically the same as a Luvias. I have a 3000 Luvias which I use for Jacks, Jew and Threadys and its been flawless so far. Its also light so casting with it for long sessions is easy.

Heartland is also a good reel but the Fuego will be a step ahead. Good value for money at the moment too!

Archived