Last few sessions for the 2011

Shane69

After seeing seabreeze report for tuesday i swapped shifts at work so i can go fishing out in the bay.

My initial deckie bailed out on me last minute so i had to take one of my mates who is new to fishing.

Headed out to Rous Chanel after seeing a few reports on other fishing forums about macks and whiting being caught there.

We had a great time. Caught about 60 Whiting , 3 squid and a few squire back in river on way back. My mate had a great time. All he wants to do now is go catch whiting lol. I was happy got enough crab pot bait for few trips as well as having a mad feed of whiting. We caught all fish on about half kg of prawns. We ran out of bait or else would have had more. Triped gulp worm but they wouldnt touch it.

After finishing work today i decided to go for a quick sess in the river in the afternoon. We got to boat ramp around 4 and it started to rain. We were going to go back home but decided to stay out for while

Fished a few of our usual spots for nothing but a few bream and catfish. As the tide slowed down the fish came out to play for bit

Ended up with 3 legal squire. 2 nice flatty and about 7 undersize jewies. Decided to call it a night around 8pm as the wind picked up and it started to rain. We had a madd sess. Caught heaps of fish in a matter of few hours. Heaps of undersize squire, shovelnose sharks and cattys.

The squire were caught on live bait and prawns while jewie and flatty caught on various gulp and damiki plastics.

post-9281-144598734778_thumb.jpg

post-9281-14459873479_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what fish this is. I caught it at curtain a few weeks back on plastic. I thought it was a big snapper way it fought.

Shane.

[attachment=44768]IMG_0495.JPG[/attachment]

Thanks guys i thought it was a morwong but want sure.

Yeah mate i was going to head out that way but i knew it would be a car park and way too much current from previous experiences.

Few macks were caught too buy other guys between st helena and harries 5 ks off around 3 pm. Alot of big snapper caught too.didnt bother staying due to storm coming.

Heading out wenesday again hopefully get on to school this time

Archived