Pine River - Leis Park ramp

woody1

hey folks, I have moved to Petrie and am only a couple of minutes from the Leis park ramp (Under the bridge just past BCF) I have only fished the mouth area of the pine but like the idea of being able to launch so close to home.

Has anyone had much experience with this ramp? It looks like it gets pretty shallow at low tide, but is there still enough water to launch a 4m tinny? I am hoping to soak the pots for some muddies and chase a few jacks and sharks, there are plenty of likely looking spots along the way. Any tips on using the ramp and fishing around there would be great!

ive launched off a few times from there. low tide can get sketchy if you dont know what your doing but just be cautious first few times and youll know it like the back of your hand soon enough. as for fishing. plenty of bullies in there. surely enough some jacks will be around too, i personally havent gotten onto any yet. but ive gotten jewy moving away from the rail bridge. definately plenty of muddies too. hope this helps

Even before the floods earlier this year, I found the ramp best from 1/2 tide up to 1/2 tide down.

Looks even shallower now but you should still be OK if you launch during the above.

The ramp is fairly steep and is an easy launch at full tide. The ramp can get quite dirty. A few times when the tide was low to recover my tinny (4m also), I ended removing the trailer from my ute & letting it down the ramp on a tow strap, winch the boat on then pull the trailer up.

When using the ramp on the new & full moon, make certain you DON'T park your vehicle on the lower flat area as it gets partly covered on the high tides.

Archived