Buckat List Off shore 14/1/2012

buckat list

post-7727-144598742061_thumb.jpg

post-7727-144598742056_thumb.jpg

I picked up the 6 Charter crew at Manly at 0550 plus a few minutes as the young one had slept in, we headed out through the south Passage bar , chased a few livies without much luck so we headed up to the 29s.

I had rods set up with soft plastics, floater rigs on twin hooks and gave them a combination of Shimano baitrunners and overheads.

We had no luck at the 29s so headed up to deep Tempest.In 80 metres of water it is hard for people that havnt fished off shore to grasp that your bait might be 150 metrers behind the boat. after getting the crew educated on letting more line out and keeping it on the bottom , the dad of the group got the first fish on the boat, (one of the young guns had lost a huge fish before maybe a big snapper), a knobby about 65 cm long , before that the crowd were a bit subdued but after that were all fired up.

We ended up with 7 Keeper Snapper and 1 Pearlie, we threw a few back undersize as well. They were quality fish and they went home happy with a really good feed.

an interesting side note, I changed all my rigs to mustards gang hooks that I make up as the pillies I had been sold were quite small and the hook up rate went up straight away, they are not as thick as the gammas but seem to hook up well and are much cheaper to buy.

Photo of Daniel with the fish who is heading back out West and it was his treat, I dont think hes a Calvin Klein model.

Warwick. Buckat List Fishing Charters.0428368316

• 2 weeks later...

Archived