Anyone know a good panel beater / spray painter??

BassTracker

Hi guys, looks like I may have just bought myself a 1985 jeep wagon. Great looking car. (will post some pics when not on my phone) it has some hail damage on the bonnet that I want to get repaired and needs a coat of paint. I'd really love to paint it camo but I don't want to spend too much so will settle for olive drab in matt finish. I want to get the bull bar (chrome) and powder coated roof cage done in matt black as well as door handles and grill. Does anyone know someone who's reasonably cheap and does a good job with this kind of thing?

Thanks guys

Brad

Hi guys, looks like I may have just bought myself a 1985 jeep wagon. Great looking car. (will post some pics when not on my phone) it has some hail damage on the bonnet that I want to get repaired and needs a coat of paint. I'd really love to paint it camo but I don't want to spend too much so will settle for olive drab in matt finish. I want to get the bull bar (chrome) and powder coated roof cage done in matt black as well as door handles and grill. Does anyone know someone who's reasonably cheap and does a good job with this kind of thing?

Thanks guys

Brad

Nice job mate! Congratulations on buying a real 4x4 instead of one of those TOYodors or KneeSands... :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Haha good on ya Gary, I've always loved toyotas but even though this car looks a bit rough at the moment I'm already growing fond of it.. I'm thinking of painting it myself after getting it prepped by a panel beater. It wont be too hard, just the polished chrome I'm not sure of. It's really straight so it shouldn't take too much. With some dark tint and the mud tyres off my paj it should be a simple unquie car! I'm already looking at painting the box trailer olive drab as well haha!!

Yeah it should look really good, just been on the phone with kurt and he's confident he can do a really nice camo on it... start the process next week, ordering paint now.. looking for some spotties, trim, olive drab seat covers... haha if i get too carried away it wont stop...keep it simple stupid

Thanks guys, keep an eye out later today, going to put a few different paint jobs up to see what people think.i don't have photo shop but I tried different colors in Microsoft paint, but it didn't turn out to well. Olive drab on its own looks cool with mat black bumper rims and bullbar, so does the desert tan..

I haven't seen it here (haven't really looked either) but take a look at Hercules or Rhino spray in bedliner jobs. I used it on the undercarriage of my 72 Ranchero but in parts of the states people use it on the body (I think it looks good on the fenders and below) really holds up well against rust and scratches.

Archived