getting rid of mould in the boat

mick fillet

the last few trips out ive noticed the mould in the boat getting worse and worse,iam pretty sure its because of the rain and all the humidity in the air and after washing the boat down its not getting a chance to dry out. ive had mould problems before over the years.

i once used bleach but it was only a quick fix as bleach doesnt kill the mould it just bleaches it and still leaves patchy mould spots and you run the risk of deteriating fabics on the seats etc.

so i use clove oil. ive used clove oil for years now and once you use clove oil mould stays away for ages.

clove oil can be purchased at chemist.a small little bottle cost $10. mix about 10drops in 500ml spray bottle and spay it on the mould a quick rub will remove the majority of it and leave the residue on or give it another quick spray so it can fully remove and kill tne mould over a 24hr period. results are amazing and it is all natural no harsh chemicals used on the boat which iam all for.

the worst of the mould was on the seat

post-5342-144598759767_thumb.jpg

I bought a bottle of cleaner from Whitworths for inflatable boats, works great on the mould and especially on the covers and seats not too bad a price too as it only uses a small amount to dilute with water. It does reappear though Have to try the cloves trick Mick thanks for the heads up.

Archived