Fraser Island in April

swabio

Righto,

I am looking at heading to Fraser around 12 - 20 April.... and am trying to look for places to stay.... we'd prefer a house, for the family.....

What I am looking for is areas which are good for the kids to have a paddle, and also for the getting the Yak out in the water......

So after ideas for places to stay......

I can find heaps on the east coast of fraser, but am struggling on the west coast, I figured that the west would be more conducive to the family all enjoying it.....

• 3 weeks later...

well I have booked in to Kingfisher Bay resort for 5 nights........... the mrs decided that she'd prefer a resort this time, and it would give us an opportunity to explore it and make a better plan for next time,.......

I am pretty excited about heading up there, taking the Yak to get some fishing done too ;)

stayed at kingfisher heaps,hope the weather is good for u so u can enjoy it for what it is

Me too! last time we were up that way was just before the Brisbane floods..... it was crap weather, but still had a ball in Hervey Bay!

Give the jetty a go at Kingfisher. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Good luck.

Don't suppose you want to elaborate on that a bit?

• 4 weeks later...
The deep stuff comes right in close at the jetty. Some pretty decent pelagics visit.

There's also quite a few of the big toothy critters, with a max size of 1.5m and a bag of 1, that frequent the shallows of the western side.

Wont tell the mrs about that.... when we head out in the yak ;)

I am getting very excited about going there! Only a few days left..... trailer wheel bearings replaced today..... get the yak wet and fish tomorrow to make sure it still floats ;) and then prep to go on friday... prob do a couple more fishing runs though ;)

The kids were really the deciding factor in choosing Kingfisher Bay..... they love swimming, and we decided that the resort offered a better time for them...

We will head out on the yak a bit to catch some tasty delights, but all the swimming will really be in the pools at the resort :)

Very excited though......

Will have to see about trying to dislodge a kingy from that wreck..... lol.....

Archived