The Forestlake Question Answered.

Angus

Thanks again to Neil Shultz i have managed to clarify a topic regarding freshwater fishing.

After catching a bass in Forestlake i was very dissapointed to find i could not lgally fish there.

Issues such as safety for the many children playing near by and other reasons came to mind when trying to ponder as to why we could not fish there. while discussing something else with Shultzy today the answer for \"why\" we canot fish there came up. Not quite what i expected and even somewhat more frustrating.

From Neil..............

\"Angus,

I believe Forest Lake has been off limits to fishing for several years. It was closed because an small group of anglers were cultivating the tilapia for food fish so they didn't have to drive all the way out to Somerset to get a feed. This is another case of the Australian beaurocrat's way...punish the majority for the misdeeds of a few. The bass were stocked into the lake as an experimental biological control of the tilapia (after DPI electrofished).\"

So now we know. Pitty. Oh well.

Angus

The comment has been voluntarily removed by the writter as it was not in the best interest of the site or fishing in general.

However I wish the DPI would increase their restocking program to a proactive level rather then the reactive approach they currently employ.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/08/05 12:47

i still think they should have a rule like. pay this much a year and you can fish this place... places like forest lake would be perfect for this...

its a shame the lake is off limits... and by the looks of things the bass seem to be controlling the tilapia if you can get one there!! :P

troy

Archived