Sharking and Bay Questions

TheLazyboy

Hey guys,

I bought a kayak yesterday, and I have already taken it for a fish and caught a bull shark, but I want to know if there are any easy ways to get the hooks out/ handling it once you get it out of the water without getting bitten.

Second thing is where would be a good spot to put the kayak in the water if I want to go to mud island?

Also random help about kayaking in general will be greatly appreciated

cheers

lachlan

Another convert B) What did you get yourself Lachlan? I haven't targeted sharks from the yak yet and don't really know if I'd be bringing them onboard, they are quite powerful and a shark thrashing around on a kayak doesn't really do it for me :dry: I think you'll find mud will be quite a long paddle, although it is something I'm semi-keen to try, might need to borrow a Hobie to do it but. I take it you just have a bare kayak atm, what will you be using it for most of the time?

Another convert B) What did you get yourself Lachlan? I haven't targeted sharks from the yak yet and don't really know if I'd be bringing them onboard, they are quite powerful and a shark thrashing around on a kayak doesn't really do it for me :dry: I think you'll find mud will be quite a long paddle, although it is something I'm semi-keen to try, might need to borrow a Hobie to do it but. I take it you just have a bare kayak atm, what will you be using it for most of the time?

Yeah mate i thought it will be fun sharking off kayaks :) i think next time im mite paddle it to land then get a photo with it. yeah i got a pretty plain kayak atm, but hopefully not after my trip to bcf on tuesday :) i got it so i could paddle out shark baits and so i can try a new style of fishing. if feels heaps different catching a fish on a kayak then land.

Archived