youngs crossing and north pine river

freedomhawk12

its a real shame to see people keeping these fish, nothing against you freedomhawk12 mate i just like to see bass released to catch another day,there too much of an enjoyable fish to catch to kill... i can see why its getting harder to catch fish at youngs,ive seen alot of people leaving there with fish in bucket, its sad to see

its a real shame to see people keeping these fish, nothing against you freedomhawk12 mate i just like to see bass released to catch another day,there too much of an enjoyable fish to catch to kill... i can see why its getting harder to catch fish at youngs,ive seen alot of people leaving there with fish in bucket, its sad to see

Bla Bla Bla :whistle:

Looks like you guys had a couple of top sessions, I am sure the little guy is just sitting funny on the brag mat. Nice work getting rid of the tillies, looks like you are in for a good BBQ on the weekend!

The five kept were all legal size, little one was just over at 32cm, but he swallowed the hook completely and my mate a little inexperienced in getting it out and didn't think to just cut the line off, so after my rant and rave he has learnt to just cut the line..... Hooks are cheap. Anyway I normally throw them back religiously, but I've never tried them before, so my mate suggested he cook up a BBQ with them on weekend.

I catch approx 20-30a week and always throw them back.

As for the toga, it was 65 cm , my first ever and it's almost on its way home from the taxidermist to sit up on my wall. Don't like it ...... Too bad! I've released the last 5 I've caught.

re swallowed hooks heres a tip use circle hooks.

As for keeping and mounting a Toga perfectly legal(you now have your one in possession) though somewhat of a dichotomy given your signiture.

The Toga stocking program is intended as a catch and release fishery and has involved considerable time and expense by the volunteers of the stocking group, some mortality is always to be expected but in my opinion pretty sad to see a breeding size fish on someones wall instead of in the dam providing ongoing recruitment.

As for keeping and mounting a Toga perfectly legal(you now have your one in possession) though somewhat of a dichotomy given your signiture.

The Toga stocking program is intended as a catch and release fishery and has involved considerable time and expense by the volunteers of the stocking group, some mortality is always to be expected but in my opinion pretty sad to see a breeding size fish on someones wall instead of in the dam providing ongoing recruitment.

and your the reason people like me dont put post up of where they go and what they catch..... everyone is a critic!

im entitled to catch and keep if i like within the law!!! ive caught plenty of toga's this season and the only one i kept was my first... this is my choice! dont like it .... stiff biscuits !

as for circle hooks, 1- i dont like them, and second i was teaching and helping get a mate into fishing so his tackle is limited.

as for the bass these are the only bass i have kept in 2 years of fishing here in brisbane, so i feel im entitled to keep and share these as a meal with my friends, we didnt go over our bag limits and all were over size. ( grant it 1 was just )

why dont you put on hat and wander down to where i go EVERY NIGHT fishing and give me a hand with the wing nuts with cast nets and buckets of undersize & over bag limit fish and try to stop them destroying the fishing in these areas!! instead of putting people down on here. ive had many arguements, and even kicked buckets into the water due to bad fishing behavoir and many calls to the fisheries.

anyway i cant be bothered dealing with this type of rubbish, this will be my last post on here on my fishing.

sorry if ive offended anyone!

and your the reason people like me dont put post up of where they go and what they catch..... everyone is a critic!

im entitled to catch and keep if i like within the law!!! ive caught plenty of toga's this season and the only one i kept was my first... this is my choice! dont like it .... stiff biscuits !

as for circle hooks, 1- i dont like them, and second i was teaching and helping get a mate into fishing so his tackle is limited.

as for the bass these are the only bass i have kept in 2 years of fishing here in brisbane, so i feel im entitled to keep and share these as a meal with my friends, we didnt go over our bag limits and all were over size. ( grant it 1 was just )

why dont you put on hat and wander down to where i go EVERY NIGHT fishing and give me a hand with the wing nuts with cast nets and buckets of undersize & over bag limit fish and try to stop them destroying the fishing in these areas!! instead of putting people down on here. ive had many arguements, and even kicked buckets into the water due to bad fishing behavoir and many calls to the fisheries.

anyway i cant be bothered dealing with this type of rubbish, this will be my last post on here on my fishing.

sorry if ive offended anyone!

Do you read and understand english ?

Sorry for expressing my opinion on killing Toga, giving you a tip on cirles to reduce mortality when catch and release fishing and stating that there is nothing wrong in keeping a couple of Bass from there as they are stocked fish and agreeing that all your actions are legal. Said the little fella was borderline not undersized. Actually spend/have spent a great deal of time there and will continue to do so. Please dont be put off by me and stop posting reports would particularly like to see some reports/pics on the 5/plenty of Toga you have caught this season (must have missed them if you did already)far more interesting to me than turkey shooting Bass with shrimp reports, preceding comment is my opinion not criticism.

Seems the report to moderator button should have been clicked a day or so ago.

I wasn't even aware this stoush was happening.

post-564-144598770231_thumb.jpg

freedomhawk, I agree with what Steve has said. I also agree with what you have said and Woody1.

Bagging people when they are within the law is NOT ON ! in my opinion nor AFO's (see site terms of use).

People expressing their opinion should not be confused with bagging you though.

Keep reporting. More people like it then you would be aware....more than the knockers ;)

.... Keep reporting. More people like it then you would be aware....more than the knockers ;)

I`m not sure about that statement, there`s a set of knockers that live next door to me,that are frequently let out to bask in the sunshine :P

Archived