Cheapish Lures

Cowfish13

strike pro pygmies are great, they catch just as many bream as sx40's for me, they have the same tight shimmy action and suspend. they cast a little better because they are a bit heavier. if you get some make sure you dont get old stock because the new ones come with much better owner trebles.

Lee

Thanks for the info.

I picked up 5 Prawnstars for $10 so that is covered :). I got 2 of the medium ones and 3 small ones.

Kevin- Are they seriously not 40mm? Are they kind of like the Halco Scorpion 35's which are more like 45mm?

I will be sure to get one of each of these lures

Also, I know yabbies and prawns are good for Bream, but I just want to catch some more on lures (I've only caught 2). Seems like a more difficult, but rewarding way of targeting them.

Thanks for all the info

Scorp 35's are pretty dam close to 35mm.

When they take the measurement of a lure it's from the nose of the body (Not the bib) to the arse end of the tail.

Prawnstars are only good for Bream around bridge pylons and on flats where there are no snags, even then they still sink too quick. I'd prefer a lightly weighted plastic over Prawnstar for Breamin' any day.

Southerners have had loads of success fishing for Black Bream with Juro Strike Pro Pygmys in the tournament scene over the past couple of years. Steve Duff won the ABT BREAM Grand Final using Strike Pro Pygmys and Juro Fire Bait Long Tail Minnows last year so they do definately work. I have caught quite a few Bream on them in the Brisbane River. I lost my last one to a Bass and I haven't bought another since.

An other cheapish lure that has gone well down south is the River2Sea Baby Vibe. Mostly with landbased anglers as they are usually fishing from high up and casting down to the water so a sinking lure is needed. They used to be around $9-$10 but have since increased in price as they have with popularity. Not 100% how much they are now but I think they now come with Owner Stinger hooks.

Can't comment on the Daiwa lures as I haven't used them.

Troy

Archived