Anyone Yakking the Bream Social?

sunnydays

... I don't mean 'yakking' cause you had to much booze the night before! :sick:

I'll be taking the yak to free up as many decky spots for those who need them. My plan is to head to the newport canals in the morning, and then head back via north reef.

Anyone else taking the stealth approach?

I don't see why you couldn't launch at the canals instead.

If I am going to be land based, I don't plan on being restricted to just where I can walk to from the ramp; I will be driving to my intended spot(s) (once I figure out what they are...)

Dan25 wrote:

Yeah I'll come along with the yak. Sounds good, very keen to hit North Reef Canals sound good too

Sweet! We finally get out on the water together! Are you happy launching from the griffith rd boat ramp Dan, or would you preferr to launch from the canals?

I reckon we should just aim to meet at headquarters (I think griffith rd boat ramp) at 5am to check in. Then we can go from there. Don't think there will be any light until just before 6am anyway. I'll have a look at google maps to find a good spot to launch at the canals. PM sent Dan

Can anyone confirm that we need to 'check in'?

Sunny / Dan

I was going to bring my yak along. First time social event so want to learn as much as I can. Only been into fishing for 12 months or so so was hoping I might be able to catch up with you and Dan and kick off with you. Hope to pick a few things up from the gurus as well as if you are going out to the reefs would be happy to learn my way around out there.

Are you OK with that?

Mr O

Hey boys, looks like I, Riopio and his Femme are going to appear with our shrunken plastic ships. We have never been to Scarborough so we are not aware of any possible dangers. My guess is that you have chosen the canals because it may get a bit rough out in the bay? Another thing I was concerned about was visibility of the yaks at 5am. Are you just using headlights or do you have actual night lights.

Anyway, really looking forward to meeting you guys. Haven't really been for a AFO event this big before.

Actually my main aim is to follow you pros around so I can find out all the good spots. I will also try my best to ensure that you catch as few fish as possible. For example: I will cast my line over yours so we get tangled.

I dont know about you guys, but I won't launch when it's dark in the yak out there. Will launch on sunrise when it's light enough for boats to see us lol. I reckon it'll be fine to head out to the reefs early, but maybe later in the day head into the canals if it gets to lumpy. B) What kinds of yaks are these shruken plastic ships? :P

Dan25 wrote:

I dont know about you guys, but I won't launch when it's dark in the yak out there. Will launch on sunrise when it's light enough for boats to see us lol. I reckon it'll be fine to head out to the reefs early, but maybe later in the day head into the canals if it gets to lumpy. What kinds of yaks are these shruken plastic ships?

I reckon by the time everyone is set and ready to go the sun will be poking up anyway. Reefs first then canals sounds like a good plan to me. I'll be in a little tarpon 100! :)

Hey boys, looks like I, Riopio and his Femme are going to appear with our shrunken plastic ships. We have never been to Scarborough so we are not aware of any possible dangers. My guess is that you have chosen the canals because it may get a bit rough out in the bay? Another thing I was concerned about was visibility of the yaks at 5am. Are you just using headlights or do you have actual night lights.

Anyway, really looking forward to meeting you guys. Haven't really been for a AFO event this big before.

Actually my main aim is to follow you pros around so I can find out all the good spots. I will also try my best to ensure that you catch as few fish as possible. For example: I will cast my line over yours so we get tangled.

Catch 1 for me!! Hopefully I'll make it down to chair (punn in place of "cheer" as I'm currently recovering from a knee recon). Can't believe I'll be missing this event! Good luck all! :)

I dont know about you guys, but I won't launch when it's dark in the yak out there. Will launch on sunrise when it's light enough for boats to see us lol. I reckon it'll be fine to head out to the reefs early, but maybe later in the day head into the canals if it gets to lumpy. B) What kinds of yaks are these shruken plastic ships? :P

We've got 3 different sizes, ranging from a Profish to down to a MiniX.

@Zeezu, A fish will not go by without learning what a tendon and ligament is.

ezy wrote

yeh im bringing the scrambler hitting canals or whats this north reef?? im new to the redcliff area.

A litle rocky reef a few hundred meters east off the end of the point. There's a light pole sticking out there and probably a whole lot of boats chasing bream on Sunday morning!

Archived