Breakfast creek

beemerc

Hi guys. I have recently started fishing at breakfast creek, but the fishes I have caught out there so far were only breams, catfishes and the irritating toadfishes. The hit rate isn't very good as well. Do you guys have any tips on fishing at breakfast creek? Cheers!

get yourself a cast net and focus on using livies, live prawns herring and small mullet or bony bream are the go. if ur fishing from new-stead park head down under the bridge to where the gondola is parked and cast net around there or at the small boat ramp further down. i cant pinpoint all the snag-free areas since the floods but these areas used to be pretty clear. fish right up at the creek mouth at nighttime and of the pontoon as well.when casting from the pontoo you can often see the big dropoff indicated by the rippled water mark try and cast out to this. i have found a rising tide fish the top and then in to the outgoing is good here but i have caught threddies here at all points of the tide. i use a running ball sinker (as light as u can go whilst still sticking to the bottom, as the current rips thru here when casting into the main river) and4/0 circle hook. 15pnd line and 20 pound leader. also have got some nice snapper here on pillies in the middle of winter.

good luck

Live bait especially in the evenings will produce well mate, mullet, herring, pranws

Even fresh dead baits will work well - the area your fishing can produce jew fish and threadies amongst other species

What have you been trying ?

Hey mate, Breaky Creek should be starting to fire up again!, thelazyboy and my self have caught some average brisbane river threadys and jews biggest 84cm the thelazyboy drop a nice pinky the other night, we have caught some decent bream biggest i've seen get caught there was 39.5cm. feel free to check out some of mine and thelazyboys videos on youtube from brekky live bait is the key as well.

Cheers Doss
/>http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLachlan127?feature=guide

Hey thanks for the advice guys. I have been fishing with fresh dead baits such as prawn, but have always been fishing nearer to the bridge. As fishing 45 degree from the pontoon always resulted in my line getting snagged with some rocks.

I wish I read this post yesterday, I had to pick up a mate from the airport last night and dropped into the brekky creek for a flick after losing 4 lures near the port :evil: . I fished near the boatramp with a chubby and a blade for not even a touch, which is not surprising since lures to me are like giving an emu an iphone. No idea what I'm doing :P

Thanks Jon for such an informative reply to the thread.....I'll remember this thread and head back one day with my castnet and try the spots mentioned. Sounds like there's a good chance I'll run into someone from the forum there too.

Archived