Herring honey pot Mooloolaba?

Nitris

I have fished in the Caloundra End of the Pumicestone Passage for well over 20 years now and know where I go for live bait. Like under pelican waters bridge and towards the mouth of pelican waters for perfect 2inch herring and for larger ones along the jetty's towards the mouth of the passage (Maloja ave section), or over bribie side in the inlets for gar and mullet.

First time ever I'm putting in with a mate tomorrow at Mooloolaba and hedding out, and hints where to get some live bait? Just be easier so I can get onto some livies fast and get out instead of stuffing around. :)

i know its a little further north but we always used to get heaps of herring from under the bridge at chambers island, and mullet in the canals around mooloolaba, occasionally we'd find quite a few gar just around the new "beach" they made on the kawana side of the river just between the rock walls and la balsa

cheers guys, Busy day at that boat ramp today. Had no luck with the cast net. tried my usual spots that id look for. went out the bar and to Point cartwright to jigg some livies, saw some fish busting up.. slayed a few mac tuna and that was the bait sorted.

All in all we caught heaps of different species maybe 10 or so. Ended up with one legal squire. Day was perfect. No wind hardly any swell. I caught a 43cm maori cod on 4 inch sp released of coarse. Always great to fish new spots on great conditions.

Archived