All i can say is GOLD

doss

Hey guys,

What an amazing weekend still blown to words, After talking to the boys last Wednesday night we decide to hit brekky up this weekend with AFL cancelled for this weekend fearless bogan, brisyfisho (lam), monty_36, fishing ftw and my self went to brekky creek for a sesh.

Yesterday morning went to Newstead no luck just catfish after another we decide to go down to the mouth of the creek monty got a nice little soapy first cast

post-8626-144598804702_thumb.jpg

then a bloke on the jetty got a lovely Jew so we thought why not have a fish of there I’ve even seen a decent fish get caught nothing on it so my expectations on the jetty wasn’t to high then ZZZZZZZZZZZZ lam was on nice little Thready measured 61cm (btw don’t have all the photo's yet ill upload them tomorrow arvo) then monty got a nice school Jew

post-8626-144598804702_thumb.jpg

then lam got another lil Jew i was starting to get annoyed so wacked out 4 nice size prawns got smashed nice lilttle fight comes up a legal Thready 63cm

post-8626-144598804711_thumb.jpg

then i was on next again got another Thready this time 65cm, them lam got a nice 58cm Jew

post-8626-14459880472_thumb.jpg

montys daiwa freams goes crazy bring it in and a 68cm Thready

post-8626-144598804729_thumb.jpg

we were so pumped then LAMS daiwa steez goes ballistic strips 40ishm's of line bloody beautiful fight on 4lb line 12mins later brings up a 85cm Thready New pb for Lam!.

post-8626-144598804738_thumb.jpg

then Monty got another little Thready 64cm, just another little Jew and we left as the bite was still hot it was 8pm by the time we got home, on the train home we agreed to go again today same time so arrhh!! Another 330 wake up and ride to Goodna train station about 9kms from my house in 4 degs so cold had to check when i got to the station if I still had my balls attached to my body.

got 14 prawns of the first throw then we know straight up today was going to be so good again,

fishingftw was on first with he’s first flathead 60cms great fight it was

[attachment:7]163521_311311905621803_1811278161_n.jpg[/attachment]

then bite went of for 4hrs we just kept cast netting got over 100 prawns at one stage in the bucket, them my daiwa sol 3000 goes crazy 90ish meters gone in about 3-4mins get some line back then goes for another big run i just wanted to ring this in but didn’t want to rush it 15mins later an awesome golden threadfin comes up WOAHHHHH!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: measure it goes 93cm new Pb and have bragging rights over the boys now,

post-8626-144598804745_thumb.jpg

I tried swimming it for 40mins but it didn’t come around :( so lam kept it

Monty’s rod goes off again a nice Thready 69cms, then Lam catch’s the last fish of the weekend which was a nice little Thready 71cm

it was such a good weekend best day sessions we've had in the river with 2 pbs and one nice flathead 9 legal Threadfin Salmon and 4 Jews and a 60cm Flathead.

Cheers Doss

post-8626-144598804694_thumb.jpg

Nice fish Guys,

BUT...why do u persist in ignoring the no fishing sign on that pontoon?

Mate im preety sure theres been plenty of other people on this forum thats fished on it as well, they told us as long as we get off as the boat comes in with no fish guts everywhere we are all sweet to fish on it, the bloke on the boat gave us all a can of coke last week so im pree sure they don't really mind if they are giving us cans of coke and keeping the place nice and clean, and also thanks fella's

Nice fish Guys,

BUT...why do u persist in ignoring the no fishing sign on that pontoon?

Mate im preety sure theres been plenty of other people on this forum thats fished on it as well,

Doesn't make it right though. However as long as u have the blessing of the pontoon owner then that's fine. What do the water police say when they see u fishing from it? I've seen them tell off people in the past for fishing on the pontoon.

I only ask because I've eyed that pontoon off for fishing a number of times, it's near my house, but I never fish off it because I try to do the right thing and obey the "NO FISHING" sign.

Shouldn't you guys be hanging around the skate park smoking bongs and planning burglaries, and leaving the fishing to us older people? :P Great fishing and good on you for the effort you put in.

HAHAHAHAHA, i might be from Redbank Plains but fishing and Afl is my drug hahahahha

Absolutely brilliant session fellas - I'd be happy if I caught that many jew (only caught one ever) and threadies (never caught one) in the next 5 years!!!! Keep up the good work. Any size to the prawns?

Thanks mate, the biggest we got was about 19cms but most around then 9-14cm mark

• 11 months later...

Archived