boat insurance

Bri The Pom

Dunno about boat but I just went through similar with house insurance. Quotes varied between $750 and &1800 dearest was Australian Pensioners.

NRMA wanted 1500 to renew it was 900 last year. Ended up with AAIMI Contents insured for 160000 and dwelling whatever it costs for repair/replacement . I thought that is a good idea as I do not have to worry about being under insured.

You do have to read all the product disclosure statements to get a realistic comparisonbecause with some of the more expensive polocies you pay for things that you do not really need.

Cheers

Ray

How olds the boat?

Some of them get a bit touchy about a hull older than 5 years.

Used to insure mine with RACQ, only because they were the only ones who didn't want an inspection of my old boat before insuring. Dont worry about it these days as I dont fish AFO comps anymore.

Depending on where you live, but the insurance companies are trying to put up prices in postcodes or adjacent where flooding occurred. I live at Springfield Lakes where I basically overlook the rest of the area on top of a hill, the chance of flood there is Zero- if it floods there then all of Ipswich and Brisbane is under first but, because we share the same postcode as Goodna which went under they tried to jack prices up on us to cover for the 'apparent' high chance of my house flooding. I had my insurance etc all packaged with the company so spend a fair bit of money through them with it all- funny how quickly they took off the extra cost and came back with a better quote when I said to cancel the policies I was going elsewhere as another quote was about 40% cheaper ;)

Archived