Mincing fish for burley......who does it?

Gcarj

Hi people,

Ive been catching pike for bait and burley quite a bit and thought that buying a mincer would be the go to mix up a good mixture in my burley pots.

Need some advice from someone who does this so i get the right type or even if it will work.

Its mainly just for the pike i target.

Cheers. Glenn

buy a cheap Crazy Clarks/Sammys` food processor( or get one from Lifeline/Vineys)and rough chop to your hearts content.

my mix includes Homebrand seafood/pilchards cat food,and any bait that`s left over after a bait session,rough chop old bread,or homebrand breadcrumbs,some times bran(homebrand of course),I keep all my prawn shells and throw them in the mix too.

Have you ever used a mincer?

I normally catch the pike before work and take them home to put in the freezer. I was thinking/hoping to mince/chop them frozen????

Not sure if thats possible but that would be the prefured method so i dont have to thaw them out

I use a hand mincer that I had picked up from Aldi awhile back. It works alright, but needs to be cleaned out a few times every burley making session.

Might give a try to Gad's method and look for a cheapy food processor.

I mince up any leftover bait, prawn shells, etc. Feed them into a plastic bottle using the sausage making attachment, then throw them into the freezer so they are handy for the next trip. Poke or drill some holes into it and deploy.

I use a hand mincer that I had picked up from Aldi awhile back. It works alright, but needs to be cleaned out a few times every burley making session.

Might give a try to Gad's method and look for a cheapy food processor.

I mince up any leftover bait, prawn shells, etc. Feed them into a plastic bottle using the sausage making attachment, then throw them into the freezer so they are handy for the next trip. Poke or drill some holes into it and deploy.

sounds good i rekon because the smell can be contained inside the bottle until ready to use

callum

Archived