Carp not as bad as made out, - Recipe

StephenHampson

Went Fishing down at Jimboomba (logan river) other day as was some place close got afew Carp

wanted to try out actually eating them even though heard they not to great

post-10899-144598817042_thumb.jpg

so ended up finding a recipe, a Chinese New Years one.
/>http://allrecipes.com/recipe/citrus-carp/

actually turned out great, tasted really good, family really enjoyed it. abit boney but was expected just pick them out and eat around them :)

any one else also enjoyed Carp on here? makes catching them worth wile for sure.

Being a Victorian and with parants from europe. As a kid it was the only fish we would eat down there.

These day's living up here, if I catch a carp I will cook it up with a brick put in the pot. Once the carp is cooked, I'll throw it in the bin and eat the brick ;-)

Cheers,

Steve

I have eaten it several times in Asia and it was very nice.

I think that they pick the bones out of it before cooking.

I have also eaten it out of the Condamine at Warwick and it was quite acceptable but boney.

Certainly better than Brisbane river catfish.

Cheers

Ray

Nice one mate. I know that technically it is illegal, however you are killing the fish anyway :P The same sort of thing can be said of tilapia, and apparently they taste pretty good too.

And that's the main reason tilapia are appearing in river systems that were free of them.

Most new infestation are through human agency.

The majority of Qld waterway are free of this pest and it would be nice to keep it that way.

In any case, for either fish and all declared noxious species, if FQ finds them in your possession, you'll be helping the government's bottom line with extra donations.

I'm not sure about here in Aus, but if you've eaten a fish sandwich at McDonald's in the US, you've eaten carp....

Certain types of carp are considered good for the table, the Big Mouth Buffalo Carp for example. However, if you ever see me filleting a carp, it is because I need cut bait!

Glad you enjoyed it mate.

As far as Tilapia, they are a decent tasting fish and one you will find on the menu of many US restaurants (probably because they are easy to farm and have a gazillion fry when they spawn).

Archived