Bay Sat night Sun morn

havarest

Hey all going out on a bit of overnight trip find a spot and stick to it until sunrise some where in the bay have not decided just yet. most prop round peel or mud. Anytips or hint for fishig through the night? any one planning to go out i will be on radio. Going to be interesting hopfully catch a few i will let you guys know how i go.

Make sure you ware of the weather forcast, anchor up well, anchor front and back does not hurt, but have to be careful a wind change overnight wont have you side on to the wind/swell.

Make sure your out of the way, cant guarantee some boofhead wont miss your anchor light and run over the top of you.

dont do it anywhere near a shipping channel, or in the tidal zone (I do remember the sun coming up one morning when I had been out with Ray at the pin overnight to find I had probably been casting onto a dry exposed sandbank about 20 foot away from the boat for the last hour!)

A good loud alarm clock, dont want to wake up at 9am after all that effort!

Also useful in these days of modern technology is that some of the sounder / GPS combo's come with a drift alarm. If you have one set it!

Archived