Soccer Fans???

havarest

i would have to agree with soccer guys about skill levels and so forth though, remember one of the best wallabie backs was a rep soccer player when he was poched to play union, give a clue, always has his socks down even before the game has started and has the best shoe on the team also can run the ball around just about a whole team has a great step. any answers?

Football (soccer)isnt the most popular sport in the world for nothing. here in australia there is an attitude (although fading) that sport needs to be rough and agresive to be real sport. I am 45 this year and still enjoy playing football, have played for Brisbane city in the good old days. my son is nine years old and is a wiz with juggling a ball, has a record of 94 juggles so far, you can do so much with a soccer ball, what can you do with a football???

Well said \"Chubbster\" Karma for you.

You cant beat Fishing, Relaxing & Frustrating at the same time. :P

A bit like watching the FOOTY on the box.:laugh:

And everyone is intitled to their opinnion, thats the beauty of living in a free country. Freedom of speech :woohoo:

myself62 wrote:

Football (soccer)isnt the most popular sport in the world for nothing. here in australia there is an attitude (although fading) that sport needs to be rough and agresive to be real sport. I am 45 this year and still enjoy playing football, have played for Brisbane city in the good old days. my son is nine years old and is a wiz with juggling a ball, has a record of 94 juggles so far, you can do so much with a soccer ball, what can you do with a football???

To each his own but I couldn't agree with u MORE!! Been playing soccer since I was 12 and I'm 25 now and STILL do it every Sat/Sun and even Fridays at UQ. It's sorta like my first love, crazy addiction. I'd play soccer over a night with a hot chick ANY time! seriously!

viperon1982 wrote:

I'd play soccer over a night with a hot chick ANY time! seriously!

really? just think about what you said....

ok iv played rep soccer, cricket, league & AFL out of all those the one that required the most skill, fitness, and above all teamwork was AFL.

We are all afraid of what we do not know. If i went and played soccer nowdays id be laughed at and probably told to wear my best bench warming pants on game day :woohoo:

They tracked voss in a lions game one day, he ran 13km's during the game. The funny thing is out of all of these games the fitest person on the field is the ref/umpire.

Oceandonkey wrote:

viperon1982 wrote:

I'd play soccer over a night with a hot chick ANY time! seriously!

really? just think about what you said....

ok iv played rep soccer, cricket, league & AFL out of all those the one that required the most skill, fitness, and above all teamwork was AFL.

We are all afraid of what we do not know. If i went and played soccer nowdays id be laughed at and probably told to wear my best bench warming pants on game day :woohoo:

They tracked voss in a lions game one day, he ran 13km's during the game. The funny thing is out of all of these games the fitest person on the field is the ref/umpire.

Trust me dude, I ain't kidding. Soccer for me is number 1, it ranks even higher than girls and family! haha! what a lousy son i am.. tsk tsk.

Well i've never played anything cept soccer and basketball. But i feel that there's no way to tell for sure which has the most. Every game has its own sets of skills, fitness and teamwork and there's jus no definitive way to compare them, no?

I do agree that refs for soccer and AFL have to be the fittest people around. Jus look at them, they've got to practically run UP and DOWN the field to follow the non-stop action!!! respect!

Nice stuff never thought they community would stick up for soccer that much and i am a soccer boy through and through. But footy is always going to rival as they always have been.. But one thing we have on you guys is that footy was mad while playing soccer... So you guys are like our little bro... Come here little bro give us a hug.

But all in good fun i think for children soccer is the best sport to start with you get your basics... League would be heaps better if the whole team could kick a ball properly maybe when lock got injured broncs could of done something...:unsure:

Hmm I'm a keeper and I think I do enough running! :P Ref's have to run more, remember they can't get subbed. Center mids annoying tho as you have to sprint close some one down, then crunch then look up for you pass then give them an option then do it all game.

whatnow wrote:

viperon all positions in soccer you have to run a lot mid field would run round same amount as ref sometimes

Here's an interesting site to compliment that. http://www.theica.com/ICAFitnessMembers/6766/with_flash/html/Stamina/StaminaHome.html

I do agree midfielders have to run lots since they're supporting forwards and defenders. There was a report quite a while back that using some fancy smancy tracking system, the avg distance covered by David Beckham in a single match was 15km or more, which is more than the avg according to the website above.

But like Tim A said, players can be substituted, refs can't, unless something serious happens. hehe!

Well to find out wat passion is, ask any Brazilian! They live and breathe soccer and absolutely can't live without it. I'm inclined to believe they were born with soccer balls in their mums' wombs! :P

\"Midfielder\" Dunno about that. When I played there was no such position, so dont even know what it does!

In my day it was the centres, the halves and centre forward who did the hard yards, everyone else was assigned a patch to patrol and stuck to it.

Archived