Soccer Fans???

havarest

Any soccer fans out there want to have a chat about the way soccer is going here do you guys play watch, support??? I could cop a bit of abuse for soccer not footy but hey we like what we like then again footy is top game to but soccer just has the edge ...plus there is no biting in soccer

oh no, no no ahahaahh no no no feral thats not what i ment lol im having a george kastanza moment IT SHRINKS.....i was in the pool i can explain.

i ment that soccer is but only whilst caught up in the moment of the world cup, other than i think nancy boys.....but seeing these NRL guys take dives and the like lately for penalties im thinking its going to be a regular thing throughout all sports.

Nancy boys you say????

Good on ya. You could say something like that about any sport.

Soccer is a great game and is growing in Australia, by standard and popularity.

Go Roar and Adelaide!!!

Make us proud Socceroos.

Go you good thing!

Up the mighty game of soccer.

Aaahhh, that's better.

Fisher_90 wrote:

Wtf man. Harden the F**k Up, Soccer is the gayest sport on earth. Rugby,Nrl, AFL 4 life. Anything we're ppl can run it straight. I play AFL and Union. Run It Straight!

I think you should be a little bit more thoughtful when choosing your words mate.

I come from a strong background that is passionate for soccer.

I can take heapsa jokes and $h!t stirring, but just be careful.

You don`t wanna insult people.

Thats the way throw the word soccer into it turs everyone upside down. I agree nrl is sometimes exciting to watch and latly the lions have been good to.... but serious soccer is the sport the ones all kids should have a go at. I think this year will be big with la galaxy going to syd(beckhams team) Zidane could be a guest. Its going to be a good year. Who is going to win the A league???

Go..Roar...then melb....and at grass roots Rocklea!!!!

You seem to refer to soccer as being gay, quite obsessively.

Maybe `hardness` isn`t the true reason you don`t like the sport.

Are you scared of liking soccer for any other particular reason mate?

Perhaps you fear to face something about yourself.

No disrespect mate.

Just think you need to tone down a bit.

I dont like it. 10 guys or wateva kicking a ball around and they are not allowed to touch each other. Its boring and its soft. I think soccer is soft compared to rugby and afl and quite frankly it is. I just much prefer putting shots on other people and contact. You can either get hit and backdown or get hit then run it harder. Simple, but in soccer what do you do. Kick the ball? Theirs no way to take out aggression in contact...

I agree with Nastymind on this one. You are paying it out a bit too much. I used to play soccer, but I didn't really like it (I was pretty good at it. rep.). I found it a bit boring. Now I play rugby. Yes there is more contact in rugby and league (and I guess AFL), but that is no reason to pay soccer players out. Look how much they earn, they made the right choice in careers.

All I will say

When I was a kid I played for Morteon East, never trained!

Then when I was in western Qld I played in the local legue comp, which involved road runs twice a week followed by serious drinking sessions, and most of thw weekend traveling to and from games (Our district covered 500k's)

In my mid 20's I came back to Brisbane and gave away league, went back to soccer, played for Brisbane City briefly , until I smashed my knee up for the second time, and had to give sport away. (Did not even get to play a game, did it in last pre season training session!) But that involved training 3 nights serious a week.

It wasn't like Met East or anything. But in grade 5, our school team won the south east QLD champs. We played against teams from the gold coast and the sunshine coast. But it was to expensive for us to play against other regional teams, so we stopped playing. Mind you, the guys in my team were awesome. I think only 2 or 3 of them (me included) hadn't played for met east, or regional teams before that.

Archived