Fraser island August

tim78

Hi

I'm heading to Fraser early August and need some advice

There will be 6 of us going

1 boat

I need advice on tailor fishing north of waddy where I want to camp

We have 2 guys that will chase tailor day and night 2 that would prefer offshore and 2 fence sitters (no fishing gear or camping gear of their own)

The tailor boys want to camp at dumnbarra on main beach as they say there are no good gutters at waddy that don't have big sand banks behind them and that it's only good for dart and whiting ( nargala rocks end)

Staying on main beach means dragging a boat over Indian and waddy passes then back each day weather permitting for me 5m platey

I ve always caught good tailor at nargala and thought that it is better due to being less exposed to southern swell and sweep

If anyone has been there recently and can advise on the gutters round waddy currently or advise where they would prefer to stay for tailor waddy or dunabarra that would be great

Or am I being unreasonable

Either way I'm happy as I will be fishing not working

when we were there last year we camped about halfway between nagalla and indian head. great spot short drive to the servo/shop/pub. there were plenty of tailor just down from camp where the beach kinks. there were good moses perch,bream tarwhine,squire and a few jew caught in the deeper gutters with coffee rock in them. the best and biggest tailor were hunting the sandbanks that protect the boat launching area on the northside of indian head

Archived