fishing brisbane river help

dunney

hey guys im not officially on hollidays for a week or so form my job.

im looking at targeting some brissy river squire on Sp's and bait.

would someone please be abel to give me a gentle shove in the direction that would be good places to start targeting them?

im not after your \"secret spot\"..just some locations that would be worth a shot?

if you do however want to give me a more details location and dont want to post it all over the net please feel free to PM me.i have tight lips and wont tell any one you spot if thats your wish.

i have my own boat so obviously im not lant based...

many thanks in advance..

jared

also wear do u guys go to get live baits in the brisbane river i have been having a lot of difficuylty getting any of late...

for you info i launch from pinkenbar and fish toward the mouth...etc

Good places for squire are the mouth of the river around the rock wall and also try some of the drop offs near there as well you can aslo fish deep in front of the many pylons towards the mouth, any of the Gulp range are a good starter also I have done allright with powerbait in smelt,pearl blue,pearl watermelon plastics.

with all these \"drop offs\" people talk about do u mean the ones that if u drive from the rock wall at the mouth toward the main channel? wear it obviously gets a lot deeper? or am thinking about the totally wrong place?if so that drop off runs along there for ages?

and also given that there has been bugga all rain, ya might find squire up further too like under the gateway. the water has been very clear so ya may need to fish lighter leaders than the norm, ya know a bit of finesse fishing..let us know how ya do mate:)

Archived