Dunwich/Peel Wednesday Yakking

dan25

Gday all

A mate and I decided to change it up a bit yesterday and catch the first barge from Cleveland at 5.30, over to Dunwich to get into some action somewhere a bit different to usual.. B)

468395_511806458832687_1378647346_o.jpg

We fished Dunwich for a few hours in the morning with a solid bream, squire, few undersize flattys and other bits and pieces.

P1010383.jpg

We then decided to hit Peel, so peddled/paddled over and fished the drop off for another few squire, and then it went dead quiet... I gave the shallows a crack (under 1m deep), highsticking plastics over the weed, which produced some tailor and bream which went real hard. Got busted a handful of times aswell on the 3lb in the shallow stuff. B)

Shallow water peel bream

P1010392.jpg

Stopped at peel for a bit for a feed and a break, then we were back into it, hitting the dropoffs again with my mate catching his PB flatty at 55cm on a cut down 5inch Jerkshad. B) Well done mate :) After that we slowly made our way back to Dunwich flicking plastics along the sandy dropoffs, resulting in pike and more small flattys. First cast back at Dunwich hooked up to a solid fish, went hard for a little fella and up popped a little trev.. B)

209429_511812082165458_2116257661_o.jpg

P1010403.jpg

We flicked around for another hour or so, for not much action. It was now getting late and the red cat was coming for one of its last trips so we gunned it back to the ramp and on we went back to Cleveland. B) It was a slow day on the water, we were buggered, but we had a cracker day and can't wait to head back there B) All fish came on plastics today with the 3inch Armershad standing out as usual, along with the 2-3inch gulps also doing well. B)

Cheers

Dan

and A Iphone 4s hahahaha

great day on the water as a result slept for 13 hours haha i was nackered, my Flathead was the only one i caught for the day :(

struggle keeping up with the hobie haha had already caught 2 or 3 by the time i got 2 peel Is hahahah, good but tough day, will be back there again soon i hope

Archived