Where to go in a 4x4- with the wife.

Bri The Pom

Now i am the owner of a 4x4 thinking of going away for a saturday night somewhere, Anyone suggest somewhere an apartment or unit, not camping. Preferably where you need a 4x4 to get to, thinking north straddie or bribie maybe. I only have road tyres on the car so no serious stuff,

Just a relaxing drive along a beach somewhere.

Any suggestions i'll look in to, frasers to far for one night.

Cheers all.

Bri

So you bought a 4wd to go and stay in a hotel somewhere? Should have saved your dollars and just bought cabcharge vouchers ;-)

4wds come with swags and the bush and I have plenty of spots for them.

What about getting a book called 52 dirty weekends, its not as bad as the title sounds. Full of short break 4wd trips you could do in a day aof then come back and park up at the Sofitel in town.

Only having a dig, but have a look at the book seriously.

Straddie would have to be the pick for what you're after.

A trip to the Brown Lk and maybe then the easy inland track up behind the mine. Then a cruise up and down the beach with a stop at Jumpinpin.

Have a look at the tides. Beach access is not allowed 1 hour either side of high tide.

State of the roads around my place, a lap around the block pretty much needs 4WD.

Have a look to the west of the gold coast, lots of tracks up through the back of Boonah, rathdowney etc - climb the range stay somewhere like killarney, woodenbong etc overnight after an adventurous day out.

So you bought a 4wd to go and stay in a hotel somewhere? Should have saved your dollars and just bought cabcharge vouchers ;-)

4wds come with swags and the bush and I have plenty of spots for them.

What about getting a book called 52 dirty weekends, its not as bad as the title sounds. Full of short break 4wd trips you could do in a day aof then come back and park up at the Sofitel in town.

Only having a dig, but have a look at the book seriously.

I suppose what im trying to say is, i don't want to get - stuck,bogged,dirty,trashed,written off,dented,wet feet marks in the footwell.

The mrs wants - nice bed,240 power,make up mirror,room service,flushing toilets, bidet,hot shower.

But that aside I am a serious 4x4 er. :dry:

Thanks, I'll check out the book :kiss:

Cheers all, a few to look at.

Archived