Whipped afew locals Sunday - Bay report!

Runty66

Been pretty busy so here is a report from a session Sunday..

After keeping a close eye on the weather report during the whole of last week, myself and some dodge charterer that goes by Hugo a go -go ( Hfisho77) decided a Bay session was well over due.

Well, Saturday night comes and its a late one after winning a BIG game of footy and sharing lots of laughs of our recent trip down to Merimbula.. we just crawl out of bed and make our way down to the local ramp..

We finally get to one of our spots in the bay and decided surface action is called for.. a few lures gone to Tailor so we thought the deeper water for some snaps was on the table..

We sounded a nice reefy edge and decided to flick some plastics. I was on the 2inch shrimps / 2inch crabbys and Hugo was on the only faithful armor shad. 3 casts later and 3 respectful squire i was on the board with a solid Hat Trick :huh::P

Here is one of the better from the three..

post-9085-144598846715_thumb.jpg

We stuck around here for awhile a knocked off about 10-15 little snaps.. in the middle of this, Hugo digs and finds a nice sol

post-9085-144598846724_thumb.jpg

Legal squire

post-9085-144598846731_thumb.jpg

We went away from a hot bite to go in closer and give some bream a crack..

One of 2 -3 double hook ups for the day ended like this..

post-9085-144598846739_thumb.jpg

post-9085-144598846747_thumb.jpg

Pulled afew more fish from there but nothing photo worthy so headed around the bend to a spot that always goes alright..

Bite was abit slower now as the tide stopped running but as soon as the incoming tide starts Hugo finds himself onto a very nice bream..

post-9085-144598846753_thumb.jpg

to go on soon...... :evil:

Lots of Grinners and pike later we thought it was best to get out of there! so went to a nice rock structure that I knew held a tailor or two..

Well sure enough there were plenty of tailor around there in good numbers.. bitten off afew times and afew spat lures..

This is one of the better ones..

post-9085-144598846761_thumb.jpg

post-9085-144598846768_thumb.jpg

keept fishing for abit before calling it quiets.. weather was awesome! nice and glassy! All fish from me caught on 2lb and hugos on 4lb..

Lots of fun getting them out of the intense reef but lots of fun to do it with pretty much locked drag on 2lb :whistle: :woohoo:

here are afew fish..

post-9085-144598846775_thumb.jpg

post-9085-144598846781_thumb.jpg

post-9085-144598846787_thumb.jpg

good report runty, you were definitely on fire on sunday and gave me a good arse whoopin'. Hopefully those friggin tailor keep their chompers to themselves next time and stay away from my lures!

atleast you can admit it :P i cant when its the other way around :huh: ahha

haha nah, still got plenty.. it was your idea, if its not legel.. no picture :P haha so we did get into plenty of others including that really nice 34 fork bream bo you go but the photo came out really bad :unsure:

was an awesome day Spence, just alittle above average.. gotta get out abit more :evil:

Archived