Fishing the sweetwater

JarrydA

Today Ryan, Ted and myself embarked on an epic little sweetwater trip.

Launching at around 7.30am we made our way downstream of the launch spot.

We made our way along throwing spinner baits and hardbodies and every snag possible with no luck at all :unsure: We were thinking the day was going to be a dud...

Until Ryan decided it was time to end the quiet spell and catch this nice bass.

post-10420-144598854975_thumb.jpg

From here things started to heat up....Well....for some of us :blush: :silly:

Soon after Ryan landed another of another snag no more than 2 meters away from the last.

Then i landed this nice skinny water bass on the trusty old P21 Crackjack

post-10420-144598854988_thumb.jpg

Leaving poor old ted on.....0 :lol:

Ryan and myself then went on to land a few more fish each, including my first qld yella, and first fish on a spinnerbait, all of which were accompanied by a chorus of Ted cursing us in the background :evil:

post-10420-144598854999_thumb.jpg

post-10420-14459885501_thumb.jpg

But all things come to and end, just like teds donut, with this Massive creek bass.

post-10420-144598855021_thumb.jpg

Another Few Kms downstream Ted landed another, alot nice bass in spectacular fashion, over top of a log and with the assistance of ryan on the landing net.

post-10420-14459885503_thumb.jpg

Things went quiet again with the only other fish caught being this nice specimen of a yella which absolutely engulfed Ryans little hardbody lure.

post-10420-14459885504_thumb.jpg

post-10420-144598855049_thumb.jpg

All in all was a fantastic day on the water and i can't wait to do it again! Cheers

It was a great day out - can not get any better even when the fishing was a bit hard. That little 1 hour bit in the middle of the day was the highlight. All the cursing in the background was all in good spirits. I really enjoyed the day and the couple of bass at the end where a bonus. I am really impressed that the braid held up on the last fish. Will have to check the last 5 m for damage. I had a lot of strikes but they where all short striking in the Spinner bait. I think the smaller 1/8 size was a better one for the fishing today.

Thanks Ryan for taking us and the lend of the Yak.

Archived