Short Term Pain for Long Term Gain

ONTHECHEW

The hurtful decision has finally been made, the boat that has caught me so many great fish is going to have to go. The Galeforce has been a great boat but it needs to go to make way for the new boat. Long term, 18months I will be looking at importing at Seaswirl Striper 2301 from US, this will open up other styles of fishing for me, mainly due to physical size and fuel capacity (400 litres). 24ft of American muscle, will make overnighters or long trips possable.

post-7753-144598861219_thumb.jpg

My question to every one is short term, after hopefully being able to sell the Galeforce, short term what length boat can I buy that fits in a car gargage, preferably only taking up one car space. Thinking about 4.2m ?? Any suggestions would be great, on a boat of that size would be great as well. Would be looking at something with side console, casting platform, possably electric motor etc, something for river, canals, bay etc.

Can't wait for the big boat, and planning some long distance trips etc, but also being able to have more deckie spots available as well, everyone that has come out on my boat from this site has been great company but I am very limited currently with work but only one year left up the hill :)

Andrew

Hell yeah Andrew, the Seaswirl will be an awesome rig for extended offshore trips. Put me on the available deckie list :whistle:

As for smaller boats, bugger the tinny's mate. If you want a really stable small boat i would recommend a 4.1 polycraft. They are awesome in rivers and canals and stable as even with 3-4 guys standing to one side of the boat, try that in a tinny. They come with a big casting deck on the front with storage underneath and you can use the back of the boat as a casting deck too.

Heres a couple of pic's of my old poly

cheers tim :)

post-11417-14459886134_thumb.jpg

post-11417-144598861347_thumb.jpg

post-884-144598861423_thumb.jpg

I fit my 4.5 mt bluefin on a 4.75mt trailer in the garage on an angle . Sounds like a great upgrade shame about the gale force they are a great boat .

post-884-144598861434_thumb.jpg

Ewie pulled this out of the 50s on gavs new boat , the Blackwatch is a great boat and we have been getting some great fish may see you out there ...matt

Archived