Artificial prawn - Wilson

Bri The Pom

Heard nugget on the radio this morning talking about a artificial prawn that wilson are doing, they come in 2 sizes and are so realistic its untrue.

Anyone seen them or used them yet.

I saw them at AFTA pretty cool looking lure, i think one prawn though will retail for around 15 bucks. I may have a pic some where from AFTA that I can post up

A bit steep one plasic lure for about $7 to $15 for the the average person even though they look good

I get what your saying,

As a soft plastic, Yes, but as a lure then no not really, what defines this from a soft plastic or a lure.

You can snag and loose this the same as any other i suppose.

Walk in the shop, pick it up, think, will this catch me more fish than lures i have already.

I own them every colour and have used them they are great. The u tube attached shows how good the action of this lure is. Availability is not great All my local tackle shops are sold out or the best looking colors are gone. All the tackle shop owners i have spoken to have said they sold so qiuck if anyone knows who has some in stock i want a to replace a couple after catching heaps of fish on a lure the hook doesnt stay hidden

Apparantly the Ecooda and Zerek shrimps are the same lure only one Australian company markets them under there company brand name and the other is the actual maker of the lure.

cheers tim :)

Zerek is the Wilson brand mate, I have 7 different colours of them and I have been smoked twice by some decent fish on them. My mate catches alot of jacks on them with a slow retrieve along the bottom and a 4" movement of his rod tip to give a quick flick to it.

Cheers

Matt

Apparantly the Ecooda and Zerek shrimps are the same lure only one Australian company markets them under there company brand name and the other is the actual maker of the lure.

Zerek is the Wilson brand mate, I have 7 different colours of them and I have been smoked twice by some decent fish on them. My mate catches alot of jacks on them with a slow retrieve along the bottom and a 4" movement of his rod tip to give a quick flick to it.

Cheers

Matt

Pretty sure Zerek Innovations in Singapore manuafacture these shrimps and Wilson is just the Australian distributor for them. Ecooda must be buying them from Zerek but getting them packaged as Ecooda Live Shrimp.

Cheers

Matt

Pretty sure Zerek Innovations in Singapore manuafacture these shrimps and Wilson is just the Australian distributor for them. Ecooda must be buying them from Zerek but getting them packaged as Ecooda Live Shrimp.

Yeah you must be right :) . Thanks for clearing that up for mate

I own them every colour and have used them they are great. The u tube attached shows how good the action of this lure is. Availability is not great All my local tackle shops are sold out or the best looking colors are gone. All the tackle shop owners i have spoken to have said they sold so qiuck if anyone knows who has some in stock i want a to replace a couple after catching heaps of fish on a lure the hook doesnt stay hidden

Hey mate,

You can order them online through Anglers warehouse @ tweed heads. In saying that they still take a few weeks to come in. On their online website you can select size and colour which makes it alot easier than going to the store to find out they don't have any. I ordered a handful about 2 weeks ago and still haven't received them but have been informed they will be arriving this coming week. If anyone knows of a better supplier please post it.

Cheers

I've used them and got nice flatties and a big ass calamari on it! I must have ten of them in different sizes and colours. They are tough as and not in the same catagory as a soft plastic. I reckon you'd lose it well before it gets torn up by fish....... Maybe not tailor proof but most other species won't kill it easily. I'm not good with lures by any means but the action and awesome colours of the prawns give me enough confidence to chuck em round all day!

Archived