For the Bream and Bass chasers

TIM D

Well i was really bored so i just decided to check out the price difference on Bream and Bass lures here compared to overseas.

The mark up on lures in Australia is crazy :lol:

Here is a comparison

/>https://www.fishin.com.au/store/cart_detail.asp?Prod_Code=DOGXSR

/>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Megabass-Dog-X-Sliding-Floating-Lure-PM-Raigyo-/140816589847?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c952a417

cheers tim :)

megabass lures especially are ridiculously priced in the local tackle stores, I honestly don't mind paying a bit more every now and then as it's always nice to go to the tackle store and have a look and touch and to support them etc. Where abouts do you buy your lures mate?

Muzz i used to spend thousands at Charltons but had a fight with one of the employee's there about a rod i was waiting on :angry:

I used to get a discount there but still found there prices pretty ordinary :(

I'm right into light jigging these days and Charltons have a poor range of jigs and assist hooks.

That's no good mate. I've had pretty good dealings with them and it helps that its on the way home from work for me. But I guess it only takes one staff member to rub you up the wrong way. I think they specialize in bass/estuary stuff. Probably fishheads for the type of gear you use.

Muzz i used to spend thousands at Charltons but had a fight with one of the employee's there about a rod i was waiting on :angry:

I used to get a discount there but still found there prices pretty ordinary :(

I'm right into light jigging these days and Charltons have a poor range of jigs and assist hooks.

Surely not tri :huh:

Probably fishheads for the type of gear you use.

I purchased my Saltiga from Fishhead and grab a few things from there now and again. I would say Jonses has the best range of light jigs (under 100 grams) but both these shops are a good 45 minute drive from my place so i don't head over there too often.

Surely not tri :huh:

Not going into it mate :whistle:

Try Charlton's mate. They have a great range of lures and usually give you some coin off.
+1 for Charlton's, they also put me onto one of the saku lures which if you hold it side by side with a Megabass dog x I think it is you can't tell the difference aside from the colour :whistle:

Hey ant i was looking at these the other day and i couldn't see any difference in the molding either , looks identical, have you tried them out and do they swim as good? i did read a few forums saying the plastic isnt as durable but i wouldn't expect it to be as they are pretty cheap , im a huge megabass fan so would be interesting to compare the 2.

They also do a sx40 and chubby copy i noticed and again they look the same to me lol

Jase..

i agree with large mark ups that aussies put on everything, if you stand still for to long we will try and charge ya lol, but in having said that its the usual thing about supporting fellow aussie businesses.

and every second word that comes outta of our mouths is us wanting a payrise lol so markups are keeping us all in a job.

+1 for charltons great bunch, prices are a little higher but there is always some good advice and knowledge to go along with every purchase which to me is priceless.

Cheers

Hayden

Just got the new saltwater fishing mag in the mail and saw the new Berkeley 3-B prawn dog

these look awesome

rrp is around $13 however on anglerswherehouse (online) they are $11.50 each

would def like to test em out (sizes are 45 and 55 mm)
/>http://www.anglerswarehouse.com.au/product_detail.asp?productnospaces=berkley_3b_crank_prawn_dog_45_lure_5568

Other opinions? ;)

I think i'll just keep buying overseas :whistle:

I would rather save around $10 per lure than pay local prices. Same goes for reels, i can get a 3000 Daiwa Caldia for $250 delivered within 3 days, so why would i want to pay $350 for the same thing locally.

Just my opinion..

I think i'll just keep buying overseas :whistle:

I would rather save around $10 per lure than pay local prices. Same goes for reels, i can get a 3000 Daiwa Caldia for $250 delivered within 3 days, so why would i want to pay $350 for the same thing locally.

Just my opinion..

Warranty and lower service costs. I know of friends who have been stung on service costs for reels purchased overseas.

If you buy a half decent reel there is bugger all chance you will ever need the warranty anyway. I've owned around 20 reels and have never had one fail. I think a lot of reel problems are because people don't look after them properly.

Archived