trolling lure pontoon 21 greedy guts 55sp-mdr

bulldogs195461

im hiring a boat on the weekend at ballina and decided to try trolling ,but as usual when i went to the tackle shop there was millions to choose from,so i got the above one to try ,ill set it up on my kids line,are these the type that vibrate when you set them out and it says on the packet1.2 to 1.7 metres which i presume is the depths it good at,so if im at that depth can i make the lure touch the bottom to get the fishes attention.i just wanted an allrounder to try ,its a greedy guts bleeding tiger prwn,

cheers john

Hey mate, it depends a little on which species you would like to target but let's take flathead for example. If you position the boat at 1.5-2m of water along a weed edge/drop-off and have the lure running bumping the bottom occasionally to attract fish then you are in with a good chance of getting a feed.

It also depends what the bottom is like in the area you are fishing - if it is just sand then you can sit around 1.5m and let the lure hit the bottom a lot to stir up the sand and get some flatties attention. If you are afriad of snags then sit a bit deeper and get the lure to only occasionally bump the bottom.

Goodluck and let us know how you go :)

Archived