ideas for second set up

bulldogs195461

ive got my set-up for a soft plastics that im more than happy with,but as my knowledge grows and my budget shrinks ,ive decided it would be handy to set up a cheap second combo for the rare times we hire a boat mainly for trolling and perhaps some hard-bodies.ive decided its probally easier to forget the braid on this one just for ease,anyone got any recommendations on something very cheap with a reel,ive got some berkley vanish 6lb and 250yd i got by mistake i thought this would do to put on it,

cheers john

ive got my set-up for a soft plastics that im more than happy with,but as my knowledge grows and my budget shrinks ,ive decided it would be handy to set up a cheap second combo for the rare times we hire a boat mainly for trolling and perhaps some hard-bodies.ive decided its probally easier to forget the braid on this one just for ease,anyone got any recommendations on something very cheap with a reel,ive got some berkley vanish 6lb and 250yd i got by mistake i thought this would do to put on it,

cheers john

Hi John,

Same thing I tell everyone looking for a good entry level plastics combo. Go the Shimano Sahara! It's such a good little combo. I still use mine out in the bay with 12lb braid and it's stopped everything to date.

Good luck :)

Kane

Sahara with a Sienna reel... good allround combo, not too expensive, reasonably smooth, able to handle good size fish.

If I want to buy something, I take my time and check the for sale threads on the. Various fishing forums and gumtree. There are a lot of tackle tragics that need the newest model and willing to sell a perfectly good bit of gear for a price that is well below new.

Sahara with a Sienna reel... good allround combo, not too expensive, reasonably smooth, able to handle good size fish, and no need to mist them with fresh water after each cast and retrieve ;-)

But you can still do what you do if you want to :blink:

If I want to buy something, I take my time and check the for sale threads on the. Various fishing forums and gumtree. There are a lot of tackle tragics that need the newest model and willing to sell a perfectly good bit of gear for a price that is well below new.

I picked up a LOX 3-5 kg and a ci4 3000 today for $245 which have barely seen the water by the look of them. Only because the bloke has changed sponsors and got all new gear but I reckon that's a great buy. Oh and it has the Carbonex drag upgrade and spooled with braid :D

Archived