Goldy Sessions 2/12/12

dan25

Hey all

On Friday, had the day off till 2pm, so decided to hit the goldy in the new setup, and chase bream. Launched on sunrise and fished surface on sandy flats in amongst the pontoons and jettys, focusing on the very ends of each canal arm, and mainly dragging strike pro clear poppers, and ecogear px45s off the sand and into around a foot of water, most of the time getting smashed. Managed a few bream, and got owned twice by some big trevally, only managed this small fella. B)

P1010962.jpg

P1010967.jpg

Once the sun came up, the surface bite died big time, so fished deeper with hidden weight plastics, in a different set of canals further upstream. The bream were very skittish and scattered no matter how good the cast, even with 2lb leaders... Managed a few undersize but nothing great. Then pulled leccy up for next spot, and my prop is gone :blink: Fished for about another hour without a leccy, which was very hard, so headed back to the ramp and was on my way home.

P1010969.jpg

This morning, my mate Aiden and I hit the goldy again, this time managing a bag pretty fast, biggest going 33fork and the rest between 26-28fl, all on 2inch gulp shrimps, and a couple on 80mm wrigglers. Decided to make a move, and payed off, with another handful of legals, including my mate getting off the donut and landing his first plastic caught bream... B) Soonly followed by another solid fish...

P1010979.jpg

P1010991.jpg

P1010986.jpg

P1010990.jpg

We where fishing some pretty tight areas, behind moorings and pontoons, in skinny water around 3-4 metres wide, with a rockwall on one side, and a row of pontoons on the other, not allowing for much free space if we did hook a good fish with a bit of grunt. Skipped a 2inch shrimp into the shadows right up tight into the corner, and instantly hooked up, rod in the water, hoping it would slow down...... Already wrapped around an anchor rope, so motored in with the leccy, at this stage the fish is well and truly stiched me in some underwater ropes... I keep the pressure, free spool a couple time and out it comes this time going between two drainage pipes..... I see it!, a JACK!. So had to put my rod through the 2 pipes, and slowly ease it up, after a few more solid runs into cover and a few tangles around the leccy :ohmy: .... it was finally in the net, and pretty stoked to have somehow pulled it out on 2lb braid, 3ld leader... :)

P1010994.jpg

After that, we continued to flick a few more rows down, and pulled a couple more bream, before deciding to head back to the ramp. Overall, good day on the water, bloody hot, still very tough with a lot of casts between fish, but defs worth the effort and can't wait to hit the water again next weekend.

Cheers

Dan

Archived