New to the site

Ausmac

Hi Craig here - new to the site, getting back into fishing after 30 odd years (kids, work etc). The Minister for Everything Important & I bought a boat so have been reading on spots to go. Took her chasing Marlin in Cairns & the bug bit big so now have the first step - 4.75 Steber with 75hp Merc. Will start with the bay and step up once we are a bit more comfortable. Will check out Groups page & get organised. If anyone is looking for deckhands for anything outside the bay feel free to let us know - happy to share costs also. Stay safe

Welcome Craig - I also had 20 odd years out of fishing and now I am trying to make up for it. I think it is becoming a little of an obsession.

I do not know the Steber but they look pretty smick on their website and should do the job for you. There will be plenty of guys here willing to take up a decky spot with you. A good way to introduce yourself is to get along to a social or a comp. The next comp is up at noosa for a few days. Last year we camped at Lake Cootharaba and had a blast.

Anyway welcome aboard Ted

Archived