Another Fishing Charter - Am I jumping the gun?

bootyinblue

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rocket75 wrote:

Hey Booty, any feedback from the charter boys yet about gimbal belts?

If I can get away without buying two (one each for Kath and I), I'll have a bit more money to spend on more important stuff...like other fishing gear and sea-sickness prevention tablets!

Thanks mate.

Rocket

for seasickness i have tried tablets and wristbands they don,t work for me, the only thing that does is putting a earplug or cotton wool in one ear

Guys, Not long to go now.... and you know what that means. Its money time!!

With the delays with some of the banks I think if all money could be transferred by say the 9th November and that will give it a couple of days to clear and a cheques to be drawn for the balance.

Here is a list of the starters and the balance owing

GAZZA - $60 +$65 = $0

ROUGHHOPE - $0

TREVOR J - $0

ROOSCOE - $125 + $125 = $0

MOJO - $0

CHUBBSTER - $0

ALSHILUX - $75

CLIFFORD - $0

TIM BROWN - $75

SHORTIE - $0

PCMAN - $0

ROCKET - $0

KATH - $0

BRIAN D - $0

FAULKED - $0

BOOTY - $0

JEFF F - $75 + $75 = $0

BUD - $125 (Sent you a PM)

PEPE 66 - $75 + $75 = $0

FISH KID 101 - $75 + $75 = $0

ELLICAT - $0

GRAHAM P - $75 + $75 = $0

Let me know if I have made a mistake at all, I am on night shift so brain is not real swish and the site will not allow me to cut and paste for some strange reason so had to retype it in secitons.

Sounds like a plan shortie.

Chubbstar, If you're offer for a lift is still open, Roughhope (Geoff) and myself will take it. Thanks - you're a champion.

I'll be at Chermside that morning and Geoff will be at Sandgate, so if there's a problem picking us up let me know.

Just kidding, we're both close by as you know.:P Will sort the logistics later.

Cheers

I think I will stay right away from that car then, but thanks for the offer Chubbs.

I am staying at Tamborine Mtn the night before and will just coast down the hill in the morning.

Got a reply back from Dennis at Outthere Charters and YES they do have gimbal belts onboard and also have Shimano 80w reels (whatever they are??) for anyone that wants to try and hold onto a whale!

This is what the 80WA is all about - sounds impressive lets hope they are well maintained

The Shimano Hydrothermal Drag System rewrites the rule on heat as it automatically compensates to keep the original drag setting intact. What's more, the Tiagra's pre-lubericated graphite drag washer operation is impervious to saltwater and always starts smoothly. Tiagra's frame is cut from an aluminium tube to a thickness of 7mm. It boasts 4 shielded stainless steel ball bearings, heavy duty stainless steel gears and a 2 speed shifting system where the pinion and drive gears are continuously engaged.

GEAR RATIO'S: Low 1.3 to 1 High 2.5 to 1

LINE CAPACITY; 800m / 37kg

WEIGHT; 3230grams

Archived