Another Fishing Charter - Am I jumping the gun?

bootyinblue

Guys and Gals,

I am keen for another charter sometime sooner rather than later, before all the christmas rush thing starts.

I have sent away for prices from Tom Cat charters who leave from Raby Bay 530am and return at 330pm. Not sure how many they carry but boat looks like it would suit about 10 - 12 people. Also sent away for prices with Frenzy Charters who leave the Gold Coast area, but the cater for only 6 fisho's though so could be a bit divisive and lastly looked at the website of BK's fishing who take 12 people at $85 each.

Will wait and see what comes back from them before doing much else.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

keen as! me+1

$85 sounds like my kinda price range, think $140 would be pushing it a bit for me.

-- i assume this needn't be said being that 95% of people will have weekday jobs, but i'm gonna say it anyway coz i'm not a fan of assumptions. can we make it for a sunday?

Post edited by: AlsHilux, at: 2007/09/02 21:48

Booty; If you hear from Tom Cat Charters , good on ya. They never returned any of the E-Mails I sent them.

Bks from what I hear are a bit rough & ready. I sent them acouple of E mails to book the whole boat. Then they told me that it was already booked out.

If you want another reef trip ,I am currently working on a couple of boat companys out of the Gold Coast that can carry 20 people, and another that can take 22 on a FULL day (9 hrs)charter out wide.Whole boat is $2700 full day or $2000 for Half day (5hrs).

But its up to you as I'm easy.

I just thought that if we can get 20 or so on one boat might make for a great M&G day out.

Post edited by: Lozzel, at: 2007/09/02 21:54

Count me in, it's cheaper then buying a new boat.:blink:

Seaprobe is good, they go way out wide. They start with drift fishing and bottom bashing. They troll between spots and in the arvo they let the crew decide if we troll for marlin and warhoo or go back to bottom bashing.

$170 for a full day and it is a full day. They take 12 I think.

THe 20 person boat Lozz is talking about sounds good if they go out wide. 20 people times $135 = $2700 = bargin all day out wide = fish.

Book it Dano;)

Lozzel wrote:

If you want another reef trip ,I am currently working on a couple of boat companys out of the Gold Coast that can carry 20 people, and another that can take 22 on a FULL day (9 hrs)charter out wide.Whole boat is $2700 full day or $2000 for Half day (5hrs)

Sounds like a plan for a full day charter with 22 on board. As first mate I say 'lets book that one skipper'

Who is it with?

Ok ,I have sent E-Mails to 3 charter companys on the Gold Coast. When I recieve the Replys , I'll post them and then we can get things going.

As to which company we use this time will depend on the replys as to available dates etc.

Not sure if Glenda & I could make it before X-mass , but will see what happens .

too close to chrissy is always a bad thing. blokes here with families especially young ones might be a bit strapped for cash. I would say the earlier the better, im gonna be hard up this chrissy cos im getting all my offshore gear (bout 1k worth) but when you have dates etc ill try budget it so you can pencil me in.

ok, thought i'd just summarise the list of potential fisho's for the offshore trip.

22 spots available, 13 spots already gone by my reckoning.

bootyinblue

mick

faulked

chubbstar

lozzel

brian d

gazza

ocean donkey

shortie

ellicat

jeff f

and myself + 1

are there any +1's or +whatevers to the current list?

got information back from Tom Cat and Frenzy Charters and here is the email subject line from Tom Cat

RE: *****SUSPECTED SPAM***** TOM CAT WEB ...

Got me thinking suss already. Information supplied was sparce with $2250 for whole boat (max 15) but no departure and arrival times. Count this one out.

Frenzy looks a bit slicker but only caters for the 6 people and then I got to this bit at bottom

P.S. Our vessel \"Sun Diver II\" is presently listed for sale and we are in the process off looking for a larger vessel. We anticipate that there may be some \"down time\" but don't know when at this stage. We are still taking bookings but want all customers to understand that this changeover may effect some charters. ie may need to re-schedule or refund any deposit paid.

Mmmmm...looks like you can book and pay and then fish from the jetty as they might not have a boat. I think we can count them out too.

Lozza.. Your the man, and I will be guided by your decisions

Please count me in.

Re BK charters, I've been on two trips with them and always had a good day and come home with a good feed. they'll keep moving until they find something, gear is reasonable, nice fresh bait etc. caught cobia , small yellowfin, trag jew tailor etc.

If anyone wants to organise a party of 10 its a good option.

cheers

Don't discount Tom cat! I've been out with them a couple of times before with good success.

In my experience the gallery pictures they put up are indicative of the average catches. Compare that to hook-one's gallery:blink: (Not too keen to do a charter to catch chopper tailor sized fish)

Booty, Plenty of businesses with websites receive a phenomenal amount of spam - so don't be put off by that.

I like the name of their boat too;)

Post edited by: ellicat, at: 2007/09/04 11:48

Ok here is my choice

I have sent sent off E-Mails to 3 companys on the gold coast. 1 is way too dear, the e-mails to Hook One keeps coming back ,not at this address.

This is the reply from OUT THERE charters.

Dear Laurie,

Thank you for your enquiry for a full day charter with us.

The dates available are 17th,18th,24th,25th Nov or Dec 1st & 2nd December

The cost for a Full day fishing charter is $2700.00 including 9 HOURS of fishing.

We can comfortably fish 20-22 people.

Cooked BBQ Breakfast, Tea or Coffee. Soft Drinks & bottled water available on board.

All quality bait and tackle supplied. Aussie BBQ lunch provided or we can cook your own fresh caught fish.

Depending on the wind, current and sea conditions.We will be fishing out wide on the 36 fathom & 50 fathom line which is 14 mile and 22 mile out.

Out There Charters is the Gold Coast premier charter fishing Boat specializing in Sportfishing, Off Shore fishing, Bottom Fishing, Reef fishing, Deep-sea and Game fishing. The fishing adventures start with the crew of experts skilled in the latest fishing Charters tactics and techniques. Catch the fish of your dreams! Marlin, tuna, shark, king fish, trevally, Jew fish, dolphin fish, snapper, amberjack, mowong, Spanish mackerel, Wahoo, tusk fish, reef sharks, all blue-water game fish and much more!

THE BOAT: Join us on the fastest and biggest Aerocat in Australia. Quality bait and tackle. We get you there quicker so you fish longer! From Corporate Charters through to Deep Blue Game fishing - 'Two Up' can handle them all. A superb design which features a huge open plan cockpit, large external entertainment area and a super flybridge. Fully game fishing rigged and able to get you to your favourite fishing spot at a blistering 30 knots, you enjoy a full days fishing in style and comfort. In the evening 'Two Up' becomes the perfect sunset cruise, party or function venue. An unforgettable experience of luxury cruising over a complete range of charter options.

BOARDING TIMES & LOCATION: All Charters depart from 'D Arm ' Mariners Cove Mariner , 60 Seaworld Drive, Main Beach. Free car parking at Mariners Cove. Walk to the end of the pier and your boat 'TWO UP' is between the helicopter pad and the floating church. Departure time is 6 am and we return about 3.00pm. A safety briefing is given before departure so we ask people to be at the boat about 5.45 am.

Hopefully we can get you aboard.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me

Kind regards

Dennis

Out There Charters

Visit our Website at www.outtherecharters.com.au

Boat Mobile: 0405574836

Private Fishing Charters

Half Day Fishing $2000.00

Full day Fishing $2,700.00

Full day Game Fishing $3,200.00

If you look at their website , the boat is a 60ft cat that has alot of deck space and good seating.

I wish I had found this one earlier.

Let me know what you think. and what date would be best.

Laurie.

I am sold just on the cooked breakfast bit. Count me in and dates I am open to with some notice.

So let me get this right? based on 20 people (cause the maths are easier) for $135 a head you get breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks and 9 hours fishing. There has to be a catch.

If not, lets book it for a rolling month charter!!

Ps.... I did notice across the bottom of the website a 'boob cruise'. Any chance of combining the two?????

Post edited by: bootyinblue, at: 2007/09/04 18:17

Post edited by: bootyinblue, at: 2007/09/04 18:27

bootyinblue wrote:

I am sold just on the cooked breakf... book it for a rolling month charter!!

Ps.... I did notice across the bottom of the website a 'boob cruise'. Any chance of combining the two?????

Post edited by: bootyinblue, at: 2007/09/04 18:17<br><br>Post edited by: bootyinblue, at: 2007/09/04 18:27

:woohoo: Weren't there enough man boobs for you on boat 1 the other day ?:laugh: :laugh: :whistle:

Ok , we need a definate date, is SUN 18th

allright for everyone.

Also I will need confirmation of those coming.

The cost for 22 on board $122.73 , so if we make it $125. a donation of $2.27 ea ($50 total) will go to the AFO as a DONATION when the trip is paid for.

Reading the posts I make about 16 at the moment.

I will send \"Out There\" an e-mail to find out when the deposit & payment needs to be paid etc.

Is this ok.

When agread I'll make a new post in the \"Fishing Events\" thread

Laurie

Archived