Another Fishing Charter - Am I jumping the gun?

bootyinblue

Gazza wrote:

Did i miss a bit where we know what rods and reels they supply :pinch:

Gaz

Took me a while to search the thread but here it is.

Dear Greg,

Sorry for the delay we have been OUT THERE FISHING lol.

We have received your deposit of $500.00 thank you

We use Avery rods and reels penns and shimano,our hooks are 4/0-6/0 long shanks .

The guys are more than welcome to bring there own rods and tackle.

Look forward to seeing you on the day.

Kind regards

Dennis

Plus there is the Gimbal belts and also the Shimano 80w thingamijigs...

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shot of a quik email to Outerthere charters regarding rods and reels

Dear Gary,

We have both alverys,Shimano & Penn overheads.

Lets us know when you are coming and we will make sure you get a overhead outfit for your self.

Regards

Dennis

Might be an idea to have members going to register what type of set up they want and just send off one email with like

14 shimano's

3 alvies

3 penn outfits

Gaz

Guys.. Not many days now till the charter and that means even less days to get some money cleared if you still need to pay up.

Gazz and Rosscoe - You are both squared up now. Cheers for that.

I will use my own Ugly Stick and no idea what brand of reel, but it hasnt let me down yet and impressed Feral last time out as I had fish back up before he was on the bottom.

But if guys want to put a PREFERENCE in the attend events section I will collate them and send it off to Dennis.

BBQ - Brian D you have local knowledge there? Are there public BBQs in the area we could use after the charter? Either that or we could all lob back onto the balcony at the club and sip martinis?

shortie wrote:

12 sleeps to go fellas.

I think i have visited the charter website about 60 times just to look at the boat.

C you there. For those that dont know me i will be a fat guy with a grin from ear to ear.

It's actually 11 sleeps shortie. (Noone sleeps the night before do they;) )

Your description of yourself may well be common to a few of the guys I'd say.:P But I'll be the skinny one with a grin from ear to ear.:cheer:

Hold all tickets!!

Has anyone heard from Bud recently? Does anyone have his number?

He called me ove a week ago to say he was putting money in, havent seen him or money since.

Other than that we just have part payments for Alshilux and Tim (who i think are paying together) and Graham P to go.

Will keep you posted on Buds adventures...

No worries at all....

Thanks for the info there and his spot is safe with you.

If you speak with him, wish him a super speedy recovery from me and I would imagine all from AFO!

Just spoke to Bud and he transferred his money last week but it didnt come through. Might use the same dodgy bank that Chubbster used.

So boat is all full and ready to sail!

sorry i've been a bit out of the loop over the last few weeks..

I'm still coming, I've just needed to put money into more pressing matters like electricity bills and rent.

So just letting you know booty, i'll transfer the remainder for myself and tim brown in the next few days when my account clears.

ta

al

I will throw that one open to the masses to vote on. I personally think maybe a quick BBQ after the trip, but then again if you eat lunch on the boat then you might just want a liquid lunch somewhere. Or we could just combine the 2 in a park somewhere.

Also money boys - At moment I will be shelling out $350 from own account to get a cheque for payment.

Shortie - News on Graham P? Hope he is fit and well for the trip

AlsHilux/Tim B - Hows your transfer going?

Bud - Yep your all sweet.

I reckon we'll be stuffed from the early morning and the strain of pulling in all those huge fish (touch wood:silly: ).

With any luck we will all be well fed from the charter, so no real need for a feed?

Perhaps if we keep it informal, and just have a meeting point to swap stories and recover before the drive home.

All limbs crossed for good conditions and multitudes of quality fish allround:woohoo: .

Rocket

chubbstar wrote:

:( Because I'm driving I'll only be able to drink 2 bottles of Jack :( 1 on the way down and 1 back:angry: Oh the things I do for you guys;)

I'm not fussed about a BBQ or drinks, Whatever happens, happens. As long as I've got somewhere to put all the fish I catch:P

Jayson

Shortie, I think Chubbstar will have at least one vacant seat now :blink: - have you got a spare;) I could fit in your esky.:S

Archived