Don't Forget The AFO Front Page - Articles, News, Reviews

Angus

Just a quick one for all AFO'ers!

Now we know that a lot of people see the forum as the heart and soul of the site being the place where we interact, discuss and banter. But this is a reminder that there has been, and will now be an increased amount of additional benefits found here.

The front page is often overlooked by many members but I would strongly urge you to start having a more frequent look. Over the past couple of months I have been talking with numerous members keen to start contributing more to the site in the way of reviews and helpful articles. These articles and reviews will feature much more than the general information found within reports. The other massive benefit in a website publishing articles vs a magazine publishing articles is a direct ability to question and query the author for further information and clarifications.

This morning I have just finished an outstanding article constructed by AFO's very own Andrew Phillips or as many members know him "ONTHECHEW". Andrew is without doubt one of SE QLD's leading GT experts catching many fish anglers often feel obliged to travel far away to target. This is just the first article of hopefully many from Andrew, and I personally cannot wait to read more!

Anyway guys and gals, this was more just a heads up so things do not go under the radar!

If anyone has any ideas, or would like to submit articles or product reviews please let me know via PM and we can discuss. Articles and reviews will only be subject to a couple of conditions to make each article always in the interest of the AFO reader.

Articles are to be written without loads of product placement and plugs. The important information for AFO members is the gear attributes and specs. With this information anglers can decide what they can acquire within their own personal budgets.

Reviews will only published if written by non affiliates lest they simply become advertorials. This way, if a reviewer is talking up a lure, it should be because of the lures merits, not because of their desire to sell more. For example I personally would have no issue reviewing a Damiki lure, but I would not consider reviewing a Nordic Stage rod.

Cheers everyone.

Angus

Archived