sp for bream

ok ,when i starting fishing i was sick of catching bream on bait and lamented i coudnt seem to catch flatties,then i tried soft plastics with utter frustration even though i purchased every colour know to man and starved the family lol.then my light bulb moment of a charter with brad smith and now you cant stop me catching fish and im landbased with sps,he told us to keep it simple so the only sps i use are powerbaits pumkinseed and bloodworm scales to great effect,but now i lament ive not landed a bream on these,as by catches ive landed everything else .so ive come a full circle and more,im bloody dizzy so can anyone of you learned people advise me of a go to sp to add to my arsenal perhaps gulp shrimp,what colours ,that may help me land a bream etc.cheers john

hey kiwi i checked out those eco gear ones they look good what size colour you like i see 40 or 50 and have you caught any by catches on them mate.

good point about areas ,mostly estuary but have used my powerbait under bridge pylons and even off rocks at ballina ive caught bream with bait before with no success.cheers john

^ +1. 3" Armour Shads in Skin Blue have also netted me a few. ;)

You may want to try as light a jig-head as possible for finicky bream as well. Something along the lines of 1/12 - 1/16 if conditions allow.

Agree with this...

Consider other elements of your tackle as carefully as you plastic choice. Although some bream and just angry and will hit whatever, generally speaking a more finesse set up will assist you, especially in areas where the bream are heavily fished...

Angus

hey kiwi i checked out those eco gear ones they look good what size colour you like i see 40 or 50 and have you caught any by catches on them mate.

yea flathead like them aswell I use the the size 50 in mustard seed you use very light jig head and just let it float in currunt not imparting any action and just wait for the bite like using bait.

Archived